Experienced Ohio State club too much for UMass hockey in 3-0 loss -

Season-high 29 saves from Matt Murray proves lone highlight in UMass hockey’s 3-0 shutout loss to Ohio State -

UMass football picks up first win of the season in blowout win over Georgia Southern -

Student in critical condition after pedestrian-vehicle accident on Friday -

UMass women’s soccer fails to secure spot in A-10 tournament with loss to Saint Louis -

Struggles with special teams sinks UMass hockey -

UMass hockey drops second of the year in 3-1 loss to Ohio State -

Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

SGA Senator hopes to educate students on Campus Pulse

The Campus Pulse page has a list of RSOs and upcoming events on campus.

Student Government Association Senator Amy Gebo is currently in the process of developing plans to fix Campus Pulse, the University of Massachusetts’ official channel of communication.

Operated by UMass Student Activities and Involvement, Campus Pulse is presented to students as their “gateway to hundreds of campus activities, campus offices and more than 200 student organizations,” according to the Student Life website. Gebo, however, said she received many complaints from students about the site and suggestions to get rid of it, which motivated her to find the source of its problems, as well as learn about its benefits.

“We cannot get rid of Campus Pulse,” Gebo said. “There are many other websites and other things contingent on this website. I have met with Erin Donnally Drake, from Student Activities and Involvement and she taught me how beneficial Campus Pulse truly is.”

Gebo believes the lack of communication on Campus Pulse is due to students not knowing how to use it. She said that she is in the preliminary stages of developing plans to get students to utilize all the site has to offer, starting with her plan to get Campus Pulse training sessions to occur during New Student Orientation and Registered Student Orientation trainings.

“Previously (Campus Pulse training sessions) were involved in both, but for many reasons were taken out,” Gebo said. “I would like to see students lead Campus Pulse sessions during NSO. I have also spoken to Erin Donnally Drake about adding Campus Pulse trainings to RSO trainings. She thinks it is a good idea and I will need to talk to the Student Activities and Involvement advisors that head these trainings.”

Gebo wants to reintroduce Campus Pulse training sessions in the coming year as a start to achieving her goal of teaching students how to use the site so that it is more widely used across campus.

“I hope Campus Pulse will become a virtual place where RSOs can advertise their events, administration can present their announcements and students can have outreach to all other students and groups,” Gebo said. “My plan is to have every student use Campus Pulse for everything it offers.”

Elizabeth Kane can be reached at erkane@umass.edu.