An open letter to the students of UMass -

Pat Kelsey informs UMass AD Ryan Bamford of change of heart just 35 minutes before scheduled press conference -

Past and present UMass football players participate in 2017 Pro Day Thursday -

Pat Kelsey reportedly backs down from UMass men’s basketball coaching position -

Students react to new fence around Townehouses -

‘Do You Have The Right To Do Drugs?’ debate held in Bowker Auditorium -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to build on three-game winning streak against Brown -

UMass softball riding five-game win streak into first Atlantic 10 showdown -

Sanzo: Inability to win close games has hurt UMass baseball -

Hannah Murphy scores 100th career goal in UMass women’s lacrosse 16-9 win over Harvard -

Old age does no harm to indie rock legends The Feelies -

A track-by-track breakdown of Drake’s new project -

When a president lies -

Let them eat steak, and other gender norms I hate -

Dissecting Science: Episode Two -

Holy Cross 10-run eighth inning sinks UMass baseball -

UMass students react to Spring Concert lineup -

Letter: Vote yes for Amherst -

You don’t have to walk alone -

Tyler Bogart and D.J. Smith lead UMass men’s lacrosse during three game win streak -

SGA expresses support for Survivor’s Bill of Rights

( Alex Lindsay/Daily Collegian)

( Alex Lindsay/Daily Collegian)

A motion passed unopposed at Wednesday night’s Student Government Association Senate meeting to support the creation and implementation of a Survivor’s Bill of Rights.

Written in part by the Coalition to End Rape Culture, Know Your IX, Carry that Weight and the United States Student Association, the proposed SBOR supports “survivors of sexual/gender-based assault, violence, and rape” with “institutional protection and resources … and by (holding) the University accountable when these rights are violated.”

The proposed SBOR aims to reform the way assaults are viewed from a case-by-case basis to an institutional problem, and to publicize and tailor reporting methods and resources to the needs of survivors.

Senator Maddie Goldstein said that other universities, including the University of California and the State University of New York systems, have already adopted similar documents.

Goldstein said the majority of the document has already been created and is now being checked over by the Student Legal Services Office for compliance with other existing laws.

Chairwoman of the Diversity and Student Engagement Committee Emily O’Neil said the SGA’s motion to support the bill does not mean that it is tied to the bill being reviewed by SLSO, just that it supports the message.

Goldstein said it could be anywhere from one to two weeks to one to two months before the bill is finalized.

At that point, the bill could potentially go to the vice chancellor of Student Affairs and Campus Life, the Title IX coordinator and eventually to the Board of Trustees for a vote.