Senior Columns 2014-2015

Senior staff of the Collegian from top left: Conor Snell, Cory Willey, Nick Canelas, Zac Bears, Claire Anderson, Tracy Krug, Aviva Luttrell, Catherine Ferris, and Jaclyn Bryson. (Robert Rigo/Daily Collegian)
Graduating editors of the Collegian from top left: Conor Snell, Cory Willey, Nick Canelas, Zac Bears, Claire Anderson, Tracy Krug, Aviva Luttrell, Catherine Ferris, and Jaclyn Bryson. (Robert Rigo/Daily Collegian)

Editor’s note: A celebration of graduating seniors
Zac Bears invites readers to join in a celebration of the hard work of graduating editors and columnists.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Leaving the Collegian in a better place than I found it
Editor in Chief Nick Canelas reflects on why the Collegian was important to him, and his hopes to leave it in a better place than he found it.

It’s all over now, baby blue
Web Managing Editor Conor Snell describes the beauty of life and the importance of making yourself happy.

Finding my place
News Editor Aviva Luttrell reflects on how her time at the Collegian helped her learn to take risks and step outside of her comfort zone.

A product of circumstance
Recovering from the death of his best friend showed Opinion Editor Zac Bears the importance of circumstance and privilege in every person’s life.

Plans are for ditching
Senior Opinion and Editorial Producer Claire Anderson’s college career did not go as planned, but after several mistakes it turned out better than the plan.

I’m sorry, Nicolas Cage
Arts Editor Cory Willey apologizes to the most interesting man in Hollywood for making so many jokes about him.

The photo man
Cade Belisle reflects on his time spent at the Collegian taking photos.

Writing the Future
Comics Editor Tracy Krug draws her college experience in a single comic.

Laugh it off 
Assistant News Editor Jaclyn Bryson recalls how her three years at the Collegian have taught her to laugh at her mistakes in life.

Learning to rebuild confidence from scratch
Assistant News Editor Catherine Ferris reflects on how college brought her out of her comfort zone and encouraged her to take on new challenges.

‘I did it my way’
Collegian Columnist Karen Podorefsky describes why her experiences with her friends have taught her more than her experiences in UMass classes.

‘Ave Atque Vale’
Collegian Columnist Stefan Herlitz recounts his time in the SGA and his experiences writing for the Collegian, and concludes that despite the twists and turns, he would not change a thing.

Four years of discovery
Collegian Columnist Samara Abramson reminisces about her time at UMass and is grateful to have found her passion during her time here.