Towson stonewalls UMass men’s lacrosse in CAA Championship; Minutemen season ends after 9-4 loss -

Zach Coleman to join former coach Derek Kellogg at LIU Brooklyn -

UMass men’s lacrosse advances to CAA finals courtesy of Dan Muller’s heroics -

On campus: The liberal assault on free speech -

SGA announces Jason Derulo will headline Mullins Center concert

Cade Belisle/Daily Collegian)

(Cade Belisle/Daily Collegian)

UPDATE (3/2): The Student Government Association announced Wednesday afternoon that Jason Derulo will headline its “Mullins Live!” concert, which will be held Saturday at the Mullins Center.

Derulo was the last of three acts announced by the SGA, which officially released plans for the concert last week and has announced the acts via its Facebook page. He’ll join Migos and Capital Cities as the third headliner.

The concert, which is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m., will be free to all University of Massachusetts students.

Tickets are available exclusively at the Mullins Center, and can only be obtained by students who present a valid UMass Amherst I.D.

The announcement comes in preparation of annual celebrations in the first weekend of March, more commonly referred to as “Blarney Blowout,” where two years ago 55 people were arrested for their participation in the event.

Vice Chancellor Enku Gelaye, who initially announced the concert last Thursday, referenced the success of measures taken last year by the SGA, when the Association announced a similar free concert, saying in the email that “Last year, the first weekend in March was an overall positive experience on campus. The Student Government Association (SGA) helped organize the concert at the Mullins Center while other events and activities were also hosted throughout campus.”

The concert, which stars Kesha and Juicy J headlined, was announced as “Bring the Spring!” and was free to all students of the University.

Organizers of the event reported distributing 7,500 tickets for the event, which was credited with relieving disturbances affiliated with Blarney.

Administration has also made other steps to alleviate problems associated with Blarney, modifying both dining and guest policies for the weekend. During the first weekend of March, guests not affiliated with the University will not be able to stay in dorms and students will not be allowed to “guest-swipe” non-students into on campus dining commons.

Daniel Mahoney can be reached at dpmahoney@umass.edu.