Pat Kelsey informs UMass AD Ryan Bamford of change of heart just 35 minutes before scheduled press conference -

Past and present UMass football players participate in 2017 Pro Day Thursday -

Pat Kelsey reportedly backs down from UMass men’s basketball coaching position -

Students react to new fence around Townehouses -

‘Do You Have The Right To Do Drugs?’ debate held in Bowker Auditorium -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to build on three-game winning streak against Brown -

UMass softball riding five-game win streak into first Atlantic 10 showdown -

Sanzo: Inability to win close games has hurt UMass baseball -

Hannah Murphy scores 100th career goal in UMass women’s lacrosse 16-9 win over Harvard -

Old age does no harm to indie rock legends The Feelies -

A track-by-track breakdown of Drake’s new project -

When a president lies -

Let them eat steak, and other gender norms I hate -

Dissecting Science: Episode Two -

Holy Cross 10-run eighth inning sinks UMass baseball -

UMass students react to Spring Concert lineup -

Letter: Vote yes for Amherst -

You don’t have to walk alone -

Tyler Bogart and D.J. Smith lead UMass men’s lacrosse during three game win streak -

UMass women’s lacrosse emphasizes defense in approaching games as its key to gaining momentum for conference play -

SGA announces Jason Derulo will headline Mullins Center concert

Cade Belisle/Daily Collegian)

(Cade Belisle/Daily Collegian)

UPDATE (3/2): The Student Government Association announced Wednesday afternoon that Jason Derulo will headline its “Mullins Live!” concert, which will be held Saturday at the Mullins Center.

Derulo was the last of three acts announced by the SGA, which officially released plans for the concert last week and has announced the acts via its Facebook page. He’ll join Migos and Capital Cities as the third headliner.

The concert, which is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m., will be free to all University of Massachusetts students.

Tickets are available exclusively at the Mullins Center, and can only be obtained by students who present a valid UMass Amherst I.D.

The announcement comes in preparation of annual celebrations in the first weekend of March, more commonly referred to as “Blarney Blowout,” where two years ago 55 people were arrested for their participation in the event.

Vice Chancellor Enku Gelaye, who initially announced the concert last Thursday, referenced the success of measures taken last year by the SGA, when the Association announced a similar free concert, saying in the email that “Last year, the first weekend in March was an overall positive experience on campus. The Student Government Association (SGA) helped organize the concert at the Mullins Center while other events and activities were also hosted throughout campus.”

The concert, which stars Kesha and Juicy J headlined, was announced as “Bring the Spring!” and was free to all students of the University.

Organizers of the event reported distributing 7,500 tickets for the event, which was credited with relieving disturbances affiliated with Blarney.

Administration has also made other steps to alleviate problems associated with Blarney, modifying both dining and guest policies for the weekend. During the first weekend of March, guests not affiliated with the University will not be able to stay in dorms and students will not be allowed to “guest-swipe” non-students into on campus dining commons.

Daniel Mahoney can be reached at dpmahoney@umass.edu.