UMass women’s soccer takes complete control in 3-1 win vs. DavidsonFlurry of late goals make it interesting, but UMass had control the whole time in 3-1 win -

Shaughnessy Naughton speaks on STEM professionals in politics -

ESPN author and journalist talks sports and mental health at UMass -

UMass men’s soccer remains unbeaten at home -

Minutewomen split Pennsylvania trip -

Kozlowski’s minutes limited for second straight game in loss versus Fordham -

Late penalty-kick goal not enough vs. Rams -

UMass football nearly upends Tennessee Saturday in 17-13 loss -

A conversation with the Pixies’ Joey Santiago -

The problem with peer mentors -

Jukebox the Ghost take Northampton by storm -

Let them eat cake -

Three weeks in, and two UMass fraternities under suspension -

UMPD crime alert informs campus of motor vehicle theft near Rudd Field Sept. 17 -

‘It’ has revitalized the modern monster movie -

UMass Republicans feel ostracized in political climate -

Irma hits Cuba, putting rain cloud over students’ study abroad plans -

UMass football travels to Tennessee for its first Power Five game of 2017 -

UMass women’s soccer looks ahead to Thursday matchup with Davidson -

Perussault and the Minutewomen are ready for the start of A-10 play -

UMass Entrepreneurship Club to hold ULaunch event

(Collegian File Photo)

The UMass Entrepreneurship Club will host ULaunch, an event geared toward fostering an entrepreneurial spirit across campus, from Saturday, April 2 at 8:30 a.m. to Sunday, April 3 at 5 p.m.

The weekend-long event, which enables students to put their ideas for forming new startups into action, will hold workshops beginning in Integrative Learning Center room S311.

“ULaunch at UMass hopes to help many students kick start their own startups that they not only run during the event but could potentially run for a lifetime,” said Aleric Heck, president of the UMass Entrepreneurship Club.

The event welcomes multidisciplinary individuals from across campus and aims to achieve the UMass Entrepreneurship Club and the Berthiaume Center for Entrepreneurship’s goal of uniting diverse areas of campus under entrepreneurship. The opportunity to create ideas will facilitate participants with lifelong skills that can be applied to a similar scenario in the future.

The event is organized by the executive board of the Entrepreneurship Club with the help of club members. Other on-campus clubs and entities are incorporated with the event due to its multidisciplinary feature.

“We know that there are many innovative students all over campus and that with the tools and guidance that we’ve worked to provide, they’ll have all they need to launch their startups and bring their ideas to life,” said Casey Adams, a ULaunch team member.

ULaunch incorporates other events hosted by the Entrepreneurship Club and the Berthiaume Center, such as an Idea Jam event where individuals can pitch their ideas. Once the top ideas are selected, the students will form teams.

The semi-finalist teams of ULaunch will participate in an Innovation Challenge to further grow their entrepreneurial initiative. Startup teams will present their ideas and prototypes for judging, and the winning teams will be awarded prizes by the event’s sponsors.

Near the conclusion of ULaunch, there will also be mandatory team meetings where students will discuss the next steps to be taken with the startups, and how they will continue.

“We expect the turnout of the event to be absolutely incredible,” said Ben Burman, a ULaunch team member. “With the team we have and the hard work we have put in, we expect a great turnout, and a really fun and inspirational event that can potentially help students start something great here at UMass.”

Tanaya Asnani can be reached at tasnani@umass.edu.