Police deliver multiple liquor law violations during weekend of “extra enforcement.”

(Robert Rigo/Daily Collegian)
(Robert Rigo/Daily Collegian)

Friday, April 1:

11:33 a.m.: A woman attempted to walk out of the Big Y at 175 University Dr. with $42 worth of merchandise before a loss prevention employee stopped her. She received a civil fine and a ban from the premise.

11:53 a.m.: An officer retrieved surveillance footage from the Dunkin Donuts at 229 University Dr. regarding an arrest made there on March 31. Matthew Witaszek, 32, of Warren was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon after he brandished a hypodermic needle on Thursday.

3:02 p.m.: A woman couldn’t remember where she parked her car near Town Hall and asked police for assistance.

7:16 p.m.: A mother called, concerned that her two sons, who she said had drug use problems, hadn’t returned home for two days. She suspected they might be staying with a friend at a local college. Police made contact and confirmed that the two were bickering with their mother. An officer advised the boys to call home.

11:15 p.m.: Officers issued court summonses to two men for underage possession of alcohol on Phillips Street.

11:25 p.m.: Officers arrested Katie Hulverson, 18, of Hull for underage possession of alcohol as they cleared out a party of approximately 50 guests at 204 College St.

11:48 p.m.: Someone called to report people “yelling, screaming, rioting” along Fairview Way. The responding officer documented “Foot traffic only.”

Saturday, April 2:

12:26 a.m.: Officers issued another court summons to 20-year-old man for underage possession of alcohol on North Pleasant St.

12:38 a.m.: Officers issued a 19-year-old male a court summons for underage possession for alcohol along North Pleasant St.

12:41 a.m.: Two women received court summonses for underage possession of alcohol along Phillips St.

12:44 a.m.: An officer broke up a shoving match between two males at 41 Phillips St. One claimed to be a friend of the tenant and did not want the other to enter the party. Both received verbal warnings.

1:38 a.m.: A man reported that someone took some items from his unlocked vehicle at the Cumberland Farms at 75 East Pleasant St.

1:57 a.m.: An officer came upon six to eight men rolling around on the ground fighting on East Pleasant St. The fight disbanded when the officer approached.

2:10 a.m.: Shearammisha Shear-Yashuv was arrested for operating under the influence and negligent operation of a motor vehicle. Police stopped the driver for a marked lanes violation, suspected impairment, and administered a sobriety test which Shear-Yashuv failed.

4:51 p.m.: Someone reported that unknown persons keyed “I eat c****” into their vehicle while it was parked on Allen Street.

Sunday, April 3:

12:04 a.m.: An employee at The Pub located at 15 East Pleasant St. reported that two underage females attempted to enter the bar. One refused to leave and attempted to damage the patio furniture.

12:23 a.m.: Two males received court summonses for underage possession of alcohol at the Townehouse Apartments.

1:04 a.m.: Travis Turner, 26, of Springfield was arrested for disorderly conduct at the CVS on North Pleasant Street. Officers received two separate calls regarding a male running around outside making threats and apparently brandishing a weapon. No weapon was found.

1:43 a.m.: Officers arrested Benjamin Deroche, 19, of Hampden for disorderly conduct at 100 Fearing St. The reporting party claimed she witnessed Deroche urinating on her gate and refused to leave when approached.

Monday, April 4:

1:12 a.m.: A resident of a Main Street apartment reported a breaking and entering that occurred while he stepped out for the night. The caller claimed that an unknown person took a television, iPad, and $700 in cash from the apartment.

Brendan Deady can be reached at [email protected] or followed on Twitter @bdeady26