UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

Quiet beauty roars in ‘Lion’ -

SLIDESHOW: Labor Center Rally

The Graduate Employee Organization held a rally for the labor center outside the student union on Monday afternoon.

Photos by Jessica Picard, Judith Gibson-Okunieff, and Erica Lowenkron.

One Response to “SLIDESHOW: Labor Center Rally”
  1. Letha Deck says:

You have heard about how white supremacist Bill Moebius in languages and literatures shut down the first graduate student website in the university because the woman that made it is an African American ousted from the program in 2004 because her team of Comparative Literature UMass scholars couldn’t figure how Frederick Douglass learned to read?

Yeah. The website was up from 1999 until the first week in October of this year. The group, OGSCL, fought to have the website reinstated.it was a landmark in many categories of internet history. OGSCL told Moebius, and chancellor Subbaswami. First they completely ingnored the African Americans, as they had done her in the past while she was a grad student TA, and award-winning Instructor. They hid the work because the former student is publishing on her direct horrifying experience with white supremacy in the academy.

Oppression. OGSCL took a leading role in reforming the performance of the professors because no one was advancing as they wondered how Frederick Douglass was doing. Now, OGSCL had been erased by a faculty that let the grad student organization on campus there die.

I call that a issue.