Basketball Special Issue 2016

Anna Arscott/Collegian
Anna Arscott/Collegian

UMass men’s basketball looks to blend youth and veteran leadership in 2016-17 – Adam Aucoin

The Minutemen return a talented group led by Donte Clark and bring in a promising group of freshmen for the new season.

Cyr: Don’t expect a return to glory to happen overnight for the UMass men’s basketball team – Andrew Cyr

While the future is bright for the Minutemen thanks to a top 30 recruiting class, don’t set your expectations too high for the 2016-17 season.

UMass women’s basketball, Leah McDerment transitioning well under leadership of Tory Verdi – Thomas Jonhston

Returning Minutewomen feel they have a lot to prove under new head coach.

UMass women’s basketball eager, excited for season tip-off – Amin Touri

With only days remaining until basketball season, the Minutewomen are ready to go.

UMass men’s basketball prepares for season opener against UMass Lowell Friday – Phillip Sanzo

The highly-touted Minutemen freshman class make their collegiate debuts Friday at 4 p.m. against the River Hawks.

UMass women’s basketball undergoes major roster changes heading into 2016-17 – Jamie Cushman

The Minutewomen find themselves missing a number of key contributors from last year’s team going into the 2016 opener Friday.

Springfield native Chris Baldwin finds his way back home playing for UMass men’s basketball – Adam Aucoin

Forward Chris Baldwin looks to make an impact for the Minutemen in 2016 after a successful high school career.

New UMass women’s basketball head coach Tory Verdi looks to continue his program rebuilding streak with the Minutewomen – Mollie Walker

With just six healthy players to start the season, Verdi remains firmly optimistic.

The reconstruction of Rashaan Holloway – Andrew Cyr

After only scratching the surface during his freshman season, Holloway is down 50 pounds from last year and is ready to change both him and his family’s life through basketball.

From New Orleans to Amherst, Jarreau and Gresham continue friendship at the college level – Phillip Sanzo

No matter where they went, DeJon Jarreau and Brison Gresham were going together. Luckily for the Minutemen, they chose UMass.