Report: UMass men’s basketball set to hire Matt McCall as next head coach -

Community talks education, immigrants’ rights, climate change with state senators -

Q&A: Khalif Nunnally-Rivera, an advocate for access and affordability for underrepresented students -

Plant-Based Nutrition club promotes healthier, sustainable diets on campus -

Rolling tobacco and high profits for iRollie -

UMass softball to kickoff conference schedule on Thursday at Boston University -

UMass baseball coach Mike Stone trying not to dwell on 2017 being his final season -

Fresh off NCAA Championship appearance, UMass diver Emma Roush looks ahead -

Notebook: UMass men’s soccer adds junior college transfer to roster for next season -

Newly appointed UMass defensive line coach Dave Wissman has taken interesting road to Amherst -

Student Union Craft Center serves as an open space of expression for students -

An ode to Amherst’s American Legion -

Letter: The Graduate Employee Organization wants to empower those who are marginalized -

To counter and balance: A place for conversation in the opinion pages -

Activism can change the world -

Active Minds strives to start conversation about mental health, end stigma -

Native American Student Association plans for powwow after travelling to Native Nations Rise March in Washington D.C. -

Black Student Union aims to be a strong voice for the African-American community on UMass’ campus -

UMass Students for Reproductive Justice continue fighting for student rights -

UMass notebook: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry reportedly interviewed for a second time Monday for men’s basketball head coaching vacancy -

Brett Boeing joins UMass hockey for second half of season

Jessica Picard/Collegian

Jessica Picard/Collegian

The Massachusetts hockey team has added forward Brett Boeing to their roster and he will be eligible to play for UMass immediately.

Boeing previously played one semester for Michigan Tech last year but then returned to junior hockey, suiting up for the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the United States Hockey League, for the second half of the season.

The 5-foot-8, 187-pound sophomore recorded one goal and five assists in 11 games for the Huskies, and 25 points in 43 games for the Fighting Saints, including postseason play.

“Brett is a player that is great with the puck on his stick,” said Minutemen coach Greg Carvel in a press release. “He likes to make plays and is a strong finisher as his track record with Dubuque in the USHL proves that. Brett also plays with jam and energy; these attributes will make him a welcomed addition to our team.”

Boeing, a native of Barrington, Illinois, played his high school hockey at the prestigious Shattuck-Saint Mary’s School in Faribault, Minnesota where he posted 25 goals and 17 assists for 42 points in 2012-2013.

It’s unclear if Boeing will play for UMass in the Mariucci Classic Dec. 30-31.

The Minutemen open the tournament with a contest against Alabama-Huntsville at the Mariucci Arena in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Ryan Ames can be reached at rames@umass.edu or on Twitter @_RyanAmes.