Active Minds strives to start conversation about mental health, end stigma -

Native American Student Association plans for powwow after travelling to Native Nations Rise March in Washington D.C. -

Black Student Union aims to be a strong voice for the African-American community on UMass’ campus -

UMass Students for Reproductive Justice continue fighting for student rights -

UMass notebook: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry reportedly interviewed for a second time Monday for men’s basketball head coaching vacancy -

UMass softball anxiously awaits start of conference play with doubleheader against BU looming Thursday. -

UMass baseball gets its long-awaited homecoming Tuesday against Northeastern -

Have you popped your bubble? -

The atrophy of activism: a message for student protesters -

Emmi Beuger’s day off – Interview with Kate Leddy -

Josh Odam spreads succinct messages through Free Negro University clothing line -

Fourteen random ‘treat yourself’ items for $25 and under -

Student Activism Special Issue Preview Video -

Anthropology professor holds lecture on violence and policymaking -

Student Activism Special Issue 2017 -

Congressmen McGovern and Ellison discuss progressive politics under Trump administration on Saturday -

SGA President Anthony Vitale and Vice President Lily Wallace promise to improve assistance to student activists next year -

Editor’s note: UMass works because they do -

The UMass club that is un-beelievable -

Interview with Ghazah Abbasi, Sanctuary Campus Movement organizer -

Center for Women and Community to host sexual violence prevention training

Katherine Mayo/Collegian

The Center for Women and Community at the University of Massachusetts is hosting the “Five College Student Leadership Sexual Violence Prevention Training” in the New Africa House on Feb. 25 and 26.

The training will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on both days and following it, each participant will receive a certificate of completion.

“This training will provide participants with the opportunity to apply their learning by developing intentional, coordinated programs for sexual assault prevention” according to information provided by the CWC.

Becky Lockwood, the Associate Director of Counseling and Rape Crisis Services, said that the Center for Women and Community is hoping for about 20 participants at the training.

Lockwood and other members of the CWC are tasked with going through the applications, due by Jan. 29, received for the training with the goal of selecting a diverse representation of the Five Colleges, according to Lockwood.

Topics of the training include “maximizing effectiveness while minimizing harm,” “evaluating effectiveness of violence prevention strategies,” “preparing for disclosures during prevention activities” and “understanding relevant laws and policies” according to the CWC.

Lockwood explained that, following the training, “we’re really hoping people have a clear understanding of what violence prevention looks like.”

Hayley Johnson can be reached at hkjohnson@umass.edu and followed on Twitter at @HayleyK_Johnson.

One Response to “Center for Women and Community to host sexual violence prevention training”
  1. David Hunt 1990 says:

Want to fight rape? Perhaps it might be an idea to NOT let in people who do this:

https://gatestone.eu/sweden-immigrant-sentence/

And who have turned Sweden into Europe’s rape capital.

Perhaps when you understand that the Koran explicitly authorizes sex slaves, and rape of kuffir women as “captives of the right hand”.

4:3, 4:24, 23:1-6, 33:50, 70:30). The Qur’an says: “O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.” (33:59)

http://globalnews.ca/news/3235690/man-charged-after-multiple-sexual-assaults-at-west-edmonton-mall-waterpark/