John Ashcroft faces criticism during speech -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Student rally in support of Gordon, LGBTQ community -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thousands gather in Amherst Commons for 23rd Annual Extravaganja -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sexual violence is not ‘normal’ -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

One year after Boston Marathon bombings, UMass doctor Pierre Rouzier continues passion to help -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Photo Slideshow: UMass United Rally -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Get Yourself Tested at UMass -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass football continues move in new direction in annual Spring Game -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Library labyrinth targets stress -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

There is nothing to debate about global warming -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass hits the road to take on LaSalle -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

No. 11 UMass women’s lacrosse looks to extend winning streak against Richmond -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Southeastern Conference commissioner Mike Slive latest McCormack Executive-in-Residence -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Got a little Irish in you? -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass doctoral student awarded Soros Fellowship -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass Dressage Team discusses the lesser-known sport -

Canelas: Things worth watching in Spring Game 2014 -

‘The Walking Dead’ finale resurrects a dull season -

Five places to study at UMass -

UMass tennis team battles injuries as season comes to an end -

Words from our staff

“When I was a freshman, I thought I was out of my league to write with such talented student journalists. At the end of my sophomore year, I decided to apply for a multimedia position and, now, as a senior, I wish I had spent every minute of my four years with the Collegian family.”-Lindsey Davis-Managing Editor of DailyCollegian.com, 2012

“I stepped into the Collegian’s offices the second day of my freshman year, I fell in love and the Collegian and I are still happily married. Throughout the last four years, my most distinct collegiate memories are all tied to the work and relationships I’ve created there. I’d encourage anyone who is looking to gain real journalism and real life experience to give it a go. If you’ve got the right kind of spirit – some bravery mingled with curiosity – and are bored with the average college experience, our daily newspaper and the young, fun-loving group of weirdos who keep it alive, are exactly what the doctor ordered.” - Alyssa Creamer, Editor-in-Chief, 2012

“In 20 years when someone asks me about my time in college, I can say with complete confidence that the first thing I will always think of is my time at the Daily Collegian.” -Chris Shores, Managing Editor, 2012

“I wrote my first article in September of my freshman year. I was terrified, but the editorial staff were great and gave me confidence as a journalist. The confidence, the professionalism and the friendships that I have gained from the Collegian are all aspects of my time at UMass that I will take with me, even after graduation.”- Alissa Mesibov – Blog Editor, 2013

“On such a large campus, it can be hard to find a place where you can feel a part of something. For me, the Collegian is that place where I feel like I am a part of something. Writers, photographers, newsies, movie fanatics, political analysts; there’s a spot for everyone! All you have to do is show up to a meeting and you feel instantly included.”
-Christina Gregg- Senior Producer of News, 2014

“I am so grateful for the many opportunities that the Collegian has blessed me with since I first stepped into the office as a freshman. As a sophomore, I’ve already learned so much, and I’m certain that the connections that I’ve made and the first-hand experiences that I’ve gone through as part of working for this newspaper will help me reach my goals after I graduate.” - Stephen Hewitt – Assistant Sports Editor, 2014