Assemblyman to visit Sacramento State campus

Anthony Pescetti (R-10th Assembly District) is scheduled to make an appearance Tuesday, Sept. 26, at 3pm in the Lobby Suite of the University Union.

According to campaign aides, Pescetti is most likely to talk about the 2000 Republican Campaign in the hope that it will spur campus students into participating in the election process, whether by voting or volunteering for local election groups.

This will be followed by an open forum session, which will give students an opportunity to ask Pescetti any questions surrounding his district and the election process.

Pescetti has a political and personal interest in the students of Sacramento State. Both of his children attend Sac State. Sarina, a senior and Anthony Jr., a sophomore, are both criminal justice majors.

According to Pescetti’s 2000 legislative summary, he introduced 17 new measures to deal with a broad range of issues in his district, which includes the Sac State campus.

Education and public safety are two issues of great importance to Pescetti.

Pescetti was elected to the State Assembly in November 1998, and is currently up for re-election. He welcomes comments and suggestions on issues within the 10th district and has set up an on-line survey to better assess the issues of his constituents.

For more information on Assemblyman Pescetti contact his office at (916) 319-2010.