Hall debuts with Hornets Saturday

“If we beat Portland State, we will go on to a national championship this season.”

These were the words of Santi Hall, a former UCLA linebacker, who will play his first game for the Hornets against Portland State on Saturday.

The question everyone was asking, up to this point, is why Hall transferred from UCLA to Sac State. According to head coach John Volek, “Santi wasn’t happy at UCLA.”

Hall faced many position changes and he wanted to be closer to his family. He also thought that there were too many coaching differences and he ran into some problems off the field that led to Hall being suspended for this year’s season opener.

“I wanted to avoid the whole situation,” Hall said. “I can display my skills a little better (at Sac State) and I hope to make it to the NFL.”

“We will have a good core defense with Santi teaming up with McAllister, Rowell, and Daisley,” Volek said.

Hall is also looking forward to taking the field with his new teammates.

“I like Daisley. He is real fast, and with strong linebackers and the defensive line rushing the passer, we have a chance to be a dominating defense,” Hall said.

With a high scoring offense led by running back Charles Roberts and a strong defense with the addition of Hall, Sac State looks to be setting new records, while blowing through opponents.

“I’m looking forward to playing and hopefully I will have a big impact on the outcome of some games,” Hall said,” I’m hoping to make at least three or four big plays per game. “Coming from a stronger division I A to a division I AA.”

Volek feels good about Hall and says he will give Sac State a chance to win more games. “He brings a real physicality to the team,” Volek said. “He will also bring big plays and leadership to our program.”

Hall is delighted to be here at Sac State. Most of his family resides in Sacramento and he likes the Sac State campus. He has started calling it a “little UCLA.”