The Source

Theatre

WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Majestic Theater will present “Judgment at Nuremburg,” a play adapted for Tony Randall’s National Actors Theatre by Abby Mann.

The play is set in 1948, during the second chapter in the Nuremburg trials. The story follows the trial of Ernst Janning, a renowned author and scholar who stood as a great figure in the German judicial system and the Minister of justice under the Nazis.

Show dates will be Thursdays, March 6 through April 3. Matinees will be performed at 10:30 a.m. for a $10.00 general admission price.

Applications

AMHERST – The University of Massachusetts Department of Comparative Literature is seeking submissions for its ninth annual publication of “mOthertongue”.

“mOthertongue” is multilingual periodical that provides Five College graduates and undergraduates with the opportunity to express themselves through poetry, prose, lyrics, one-acts and artwork. The project’s objective is to create a mutual awareness and respect for various cultures and the unifying similarities of creative expression.

The deadline for submission is Feb. 14. Submissions can be sent to “mOthertongue,” 303 South College, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Mass. 01002. The author’s contact information and a translation of the original work should be enclosed. Submissions will not be returned unless a self-addressed, stamped envelope is included.

Contact [email protected] for more information.

HARTFORD, Conn. – Deadlines are closing in on the auditions for Connecticut Opera’s Resident Artist Program, which will be held on Saturday, Feb. 22. The application is due Friday, Feb. 7.

The audition will require artists to sing an aria of their choice and be prepared to sing additional arias if asked. In the selection, a variation of style and language is key and at least one aria in English should be included. An accompanist will be provided unless participants opt to audition with their own.

A complete application consists of a r