Resturaunt offers a change of pace for taste buds

For those of you whose taste buds are out of character; a little too picky, and much too bored with the casualties of daily meal options in the Amherst area, you needn’t look any further than a local ethnic restaurant – Paradise of India.

Paradise is a perfect place for both beginners and connoisseurs of exotic cuisine. The menu offers delicacies ranging from simple, more ‘familiar’ dishes, such as mild chicken curry (no more than chicken with an Indian gravy, served over rice) to more adventurous dishes like the mixed grill madras Tandoori specialty, which offers an assortment of chicken, Tikka, Boti Kabab, Seekh kabab and Tandoori shrimp.

For those of you who don’t know, Tandoori dishes are prepared in a Tandoor pit oven. According to the restaurant’s Web site, the Tandoor oven is made from clays and natural binding agents. The oven cooks meat, poultry and seafood that are immersed in special marinades over a long period, and then skewered and broiled over charcoal.

When first introduced to a Tandoori dish, a feeling of uneasiness may occur. The Tandoori taste is one that’s most likely acquired after a few prior experiences with Indian cuisine. An absolutely splendid dish is the mango chicken and shrimp chef specialty, which can be altered (along with any other entr