The global warming hoax

The fun we’ve all been having pretending global warming exists may be coming to a close, after some of the most influential scientists and academics behind it have been caught discussing fudging data via e-mail to hide global cooling this past week.

For those unaware, last week, computer hackers obtained e-mails from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia. The authors of these e-mails are scientists and academics that have made a contribution to the world’s climate change debate as they have worked with the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

The e-mails seemed to have a general theme; the authors involved know that the global warming argument is flimsy at best and they need to deceive others into buying their theory. One of the e-mails published by the Washington Post said outright, “We can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t.”

The way that translates to me is: “There is global cooling going on and it’s a shame because we have spent a lot of time and money trying to prove there is global warming.”

There is plenty more in the e-mail bag where that came from. An e-mail published in a British Newspaper called The Guardian read, “I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature (a science journal) trick of adding in the real temps to face each series for the last 20 years (from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.”

That e-mail shows the burning desire these scientists have to keep the global warming myth going even though data shows, as I have written before, that the world is undergoing global cooling. They are trying to deceive us. They are even willing to use “tricks” in order to change data to better serve their purposes. This is not what scientists are supposed to be doing. Hiding data from other scientists or twisting data does not help researchers accomplish anything. But there is no evidence to suggest humans are causing climate change and these people know it, so this is what they have been doing.

We are all hurt by the actions of these scientists who continue to insist that the theory of global warming is factual. For one, we’ve all clearly been lied to. Global warming has been rammed down our throats for years in classrooms and in the media. Most people don’t even consider it a theory anymore, it is simply accepted as reality. Even more importantly, liberal politicians also take man-made global warming as fact. We constantly hear warnings of the need to do something now or else the world is going to burn. Liberals are now making their best effort to help global warming enthusiasts.

I’m talking about the cap-and-trade bill that is going to be pushed by liberals in our government in the coming year. The bill is designed solely with the purpose of stopping man-made climate change. The plan is to use cap-and-trade to significantly reduce carbon emissions in this country because the current belief is that these carbon emissions are causing global warming. The problems with this though, are three fold.

For one, carbon emissions haven’t been proven to cause global warming. We know this because the earth is cooling while simultaneously the world’s carbon emissions have risen. Second, the taxes that are going to be imposed via the current projected cap-and-trade bill amount to approximately $600 billion in higher energy taxes. During an economic downturn, families can hardly afford the price of electricity and gasoline, but that is precisely what would worsen as a consequence of this bill. In addition to this, if our government passes this bill but doesn’t get the other nations around the world to agree to impose similar cap-and-trade rules, our already struggling domestic businesses will be put at yet another disadvantage in the global market. Outsourcing is entirely possible as a result of this bill if firms find that it will be cheaper to operate in other countries than it is in America. Our government forcing jobs to leave our shores is the last thing we need right now.

That’s why the details from all of these e-mails matter. The global warming issue is not just a joke being thrown around at coffee shops by liberals with their Macintosh laptops. The belief in global warming has real world consequences because nations around the world are considering the creation of major laws to make sure humans are not causing climate change. If our government moves forward with a cap-and-trade bill, all of us are going to be hit with higher taxes every time we go to the pump and every time we flick a light switch. And for what? The science is flawed and everyone who is doing the research can see that – including the people who are pushing it on us. If global warming can’t be proven, let’s stop pretending it does.

Alex Perry is a Collegian Columnist. He can be reached at [email protected].