East Pleasant St. crash results in OUI arrest

favaro
The Amherst Police Department announced Wednesday that an early morning crash at the intersection of Grantwood Dr. and East Pleasant St. had resulted in the second OUI arrest for a 26-year-old Holyoke woman, among other charges.

Johanna Favaro, of 84 Brown Ave. in Holyoke, was arrested resulting from the crash. An APD release said was the result of Favaro failing to stop her car at the end of Grantwood Dr., traveling across East Pleasant St. and into the house across the road at 846 East Pleasant St. Favaro was transported to Cooley-Dickinson Hospital in Northampton after sustaining minor injuries. The home her car hit sustained structural damage.

In addition to her second OUI offense, Favaro was charged with failure to stop at a stop sign, a marked lanes violation, wanton destruction of property over $250 for careening into the house and reckless operation of a motor vehicle. She was held overnight at the Hampshire County House of Correction in lieu of $500 cash bail and, according to the release, was set to be arraigned Wednesday at Eastern Hampshire District Court. The case remains under investigation.