Crime Log: April 21 – 25

Friday, April 23

Mildred A. Roper of Westford, Massachusetts was arrested as the result of a traffic stop. A University of Massachusetts Police Department officer driving on Massachusetts Ave. viewed a car following behind another car too closely around midnight. After signaling for the car to pull to the side of the road, the officer reportedly noticed that Roper, the driver, seemed intoxicated. The officer asked Roper to perform numerous field sobriety tests, which she allegedly failed. Roper was arrested and charged with OUI, following too closely and unsafe operation of a motor vehicle.

Paul Michael Fickenwirth and John R. Aiken, both of Beverly, Massachusetts, were arrested on liquor law violations. At 7:12 p.m., an officer suspected that a green Chevrolet in Lot 32 had underage occupants who possessed alcohol. The two UMass students were found to have alcohol in the vehicle, and Aiken was reportedly found with class C drugs on him as well. Fickenwirth was arrested on charges of possession of alcohol while under the age of 21. Aiken was arrested and charged with possession of a class C drug and possession of alcohol while under the age of 21.

Saturday, April 24

Jordan T. Rabb of Newton, Massachusetts was arrested for disorderly conduct. UMPD officers responded to a call about a suspicious vehicle in lot 50, near Cance Hall. The officers arrived at 1:11 a.m., and after speaking with residents and Rabb, he was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.

Anthony Hines of Boston was arrested on inappropriate behavior charges. UMPD officers received a call from North Residential Area Building C that a male was acting inappropriately. At 3:13 a.m., Hines was arrested on charges of breaking and entering during the night and disturbing the peace.

Michael J. Grady of Worcester was arrested as the result of a domestic disturbance. At 3:45 a.m., officers responded to a call from Brown Hall. Grady was arrested on the charge of domestic assault and battery.

Emily E. Anderson of Westminister, Massachusetts was arrested as the result of a traffic stop. An officer signaled for a grey Chevrolet to pull over to the side of the road for not having its lights on. While speaking with Anderson, the officer reportedly noticed she was disoriented, could not find her license and seemed confused. The officer asked Anderson to perform numerous field sobriety tests, which she allegedly failed. While performing an inventory of the car before it was towed, the officer found alcohol in the car. Anderson was arrested and charged with a liquor OUI, possession of alcohol while underage, driving while not in possession of a valid driver’s license and failure to operate with headlights on.

Sunday, April 25

Gregory T. Lee of Milford, Massachusetts was arrested as the result of a traffic stop. While on patrol on Massachusetts Avenue, a UMPD officer reportedly saw a green Honda fail to stop at a traffic light and driving above the speed limit. At 3:38 a.m., the officer signaled for Lee, the driver of the vehicle, to pull over in the Southwest Circle. While speaking with Lee, he allegedly appeared under the influence, with bloodshot eyes and slurred speech, and was unable to find his driver’s license. The officer asked Lee to perform numerous field sobriety tests, which he failed. While doing an inventory of items in the car before it was towed, the officer found an open container of alcohol.

Lee was arrested on the charges of a liquor OUI, speeding, failure to stop at a traffic light, driving while not in possession of a valid driver’s license and possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle.

Juan Nelson of Wellington, Florida and Samuel Fredrick Murphy of Chelmsford, Massachusetts were arrested for disorderly conduct. During UMass’ annual spring concert at the Mullins Center, UMPD officers were forced to intervene in a fight between Nelson and Murphy. Both Nelson and Murphy were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Kyle S. Gariepy of Leominster, Massachusetts was arrested for drug and alcohol violations. UMPD officers responded to a call from Prince Hall about a suspicious male in the building. Gariepy was identified as the suspicious male and was also found to have alcohol and a class E drug in his possession. Gariepy has been summonsed to Eastern Hampshire District Court on charges of possession of a class E drug, and possession of alcohol while underage.

– Collegian News Staff