Crime Log for April 6 through 12

Editor’s Note: As of Nov. 3, 2017, the incidences between April 6 and April 8, 2010 involving a former student at the University have been sealed by the Commissioner of Probation.

April 6

An Amherst resident was arrested for disturbing a classroom on the University of Massachusetts campus. Though he’s not a student, he had been allowed to sit-in on a class held in Arnold House. After numerous disruptions, the professor asked him to leave. He refused and notified the University’s police department (UMPD) who had responded to the professor’s call at approximately 10:20 a.m. He was removed from campus and arrested on the charge of disturbing a school.

April 7

The same individual mentioned in the April 6 incident was arrested for trespassing on the UMass campus. After previously being banned from returning to the campus, the UMPD received a call in which an unidentified person reported to having seen him on University’s grounds. He was arrested on charges of trespassing on campus.

April 8

An Amherst resident was arrested for trespassing on the UMass campus. After previously being arrested for trespassing and for disrupting a class, the UMPD were informed that he had returned to campus again. He was arrested on charges of trespassing.

April 9

Daniel Joseph Pasquale of Abington, Mass. and Kirsten Lena Braun of

Milford, Mass. were arrested for liquor law violations. A black Ford Mustang was pulled over in lot 22 due to suspicion for underage possession of alcohol. Alcohol was found in the car, and Braun was found to have false identification in her possession. Pasquale was arrested on the charge of possession of alcohol while under the age of 21. Braun was arrested on the charges of false and misuse of a driver’s license, as well as possession of alcohol while under 21.

April 10

Christopher Terrance Shelton of Boston, Mass. was arrested as the result of a traffic stop. A UMPD officer pulled over a black Ford Explorer after seeing the car drive onto the sidewalk. The driver, later identified as Shelton, refused to identify himself to the officer or provide registration information for the vehicle. After speaking with the officer for some time, the driver gave the officer a false name. After searching the police database, the arresting officer identified Shelton and found that his driver’s license was suspended. Shelton was arrested on the charges of operating a vehicle on the sidewalk, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, refusing to identify himself to the officer on the scene and for providing the officer with a false name.

Sarah Bree Miller of Canton, Mass. was arrested as the result of a traffic stop. An officer on patrol viewed a black Jeep driving on Massachusetts Ave. without its lights on. When pulled over, the officer smelled alcohol on Miller. The officer asked Miller to perform numerous field sobriety tests, all of which she failed. Miller was arrested on the charges of a liquor OUI and a motor vehicle lights violation.

Christopher Shelton of Waltham, Mass. was arrested for assault charges. Shelton was arrested on the charge of domestic assault and battery.

April 11

James P. Duane of Bourne, Mass. was arrested for liquor law violations. While in Lot 32, an officer suspected Duane of underage possession of alcohol, which was later found with. Duane was arrested on the charges of possession of alcohol while under 21.

Anthony Michaels of Southborough, Mass. was arrested for disorderly conduct. The UMPD received a complaint from Fearing St. Upon arrival, the responding officer found Michaels to be acting in an inappropriate manner. Michaels was arrested on the charge of disorderly conduct.

Katherine Cleary of Brewster, Mass. was arrested as the result of a traffic stop. An officer on patrol viewed a black Honda Civic driving erratically, and asked the driver to pull over on McClure Street. While speaking with the driver, the officer noticed she had slurred speech and bloodshot eyes. The officer asked Cleary to perform numerous field sobriety tests which were failed. Cleary was arrested on the charges of a liquor OUI, possession of alcohol while under 21 and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.

— Collegian News Staff