Dress in group costumes this Halloween

Are you that person who has a ton of friends? Do Halloween give you a headache because you and all your friends want to dress up as a group, but simply can’t find an idea that allows for enough costumes for everyone? With these costume suggestions, your posse is sure to be styling on the spookiest night of the year.

Blue Man Group
This is a relatively easy outfit to put together for a trio. Buy some blue face paint, blue latex gloves and all-black suits. This is perfect and easy enough for anyone to pull off, male or female.

The Jersey Shore Gang
Like to go to the gym, tanning salon and do laundry? Do you frequently fist pump everywhere you go, even in inappropriate places and constantly call your friends by intentionally random nicknames? Do you have seven other friends? If so, dress up by reality television’s finest crew from Seaside Heights. For guys, wear matching black muscle shirts. Walk into a salon and demand a spray tan to give yourself a nice orange glow. Be sure to shodily sketch on an unnecessary amount of tattoos onto your upper arms, and walk around saying phrases such as “We got a situation” and classify girls by “Grenades,” “Landmines,” and “Hippos.” For girls, wear any and all possible combinations of animal print shirts, shorts, and slippers. Buy the infamous infomercial’s “Bump It,” and poof your hair as high as it can possibly go. Say phrases like “Wah” all night. Don’t forget to complain loudly, forget common cultural references and accuse every other female of being attention-seeking and trashy.

KISS
If you love screaming and head-banging to ’70s hard rock, then dressing up as KISS may be your crowd’s calling. Bonus points if one of your friends enjoys showing off an excessively long tongue. Buy black and white face paint and draw designs on each other’s faces, and then stick some black wigs on your heads and blow-up guitars in your hands. Someone should carry a microphone. Sing “I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night” everywhere you wind up.

M&Ms
This costume idea works for pretty much any number of friends because you can create any color you want and play it off like it’s a holiday-colored candy. Everyone picks a color and just wears that color with a white “M” on the front of their shirt or dress. Wear white gloves and white shoes.

Three Blind (or Blonde) Mice
Find two other friends and wear all gray outfits. Buy some form of ears and little tails. Wear eye patches, sunglasses or blindfolds all night. If deciding to be blonde as well, buy blonde wigs. This costume works well for either males or females, and blonde wigs look especially stunning on the guys.

Seven Deadly Sins
On Halloween, you can dress up to be anything you want to be, even if that includes being something extra sinful. The seven deadly sins are pride, gluttony, greed, envy, wrath, sloth and lust. For pride, dress as nicely as you possibly can and walk around praising yourself. For an added effect, create a list of great things you’ve done in your lifetime. For envy, wear all green. For gluttony, carry around all types of food, wear oversized clothing and act hungry all night. For a lustful costume, dress in red to give the illusion of passion. The person dressed up as wrath should also wear red, but add devil horns. The character portraying greed should wear green and tape fake money to themselves, a large gold money chain and carry an iPod, cell phone and other expensive things all night. Finally, for sloth, dress sloppy and constantly make other people do things for you.

The Cast of Alice in Wonderland
This idea also works for a various number of people in a group, because not all characters are as important as others, but is perfect for a big group because you can add as many characters as possible. The most important character is Alice, who would wear a blue dress and a blonde wig and act like a space cadet for the duration of the evening. The Mad Hatter is another essential character who would wear a top hat and act hyper, confused, and belligerent all night. The Cheshire Cat could wear all purple and also act spacey. If you have twins in your group, they could easily pull off Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, in which they could act annoying ignorant of each other. Other key characters could be the White Queen, the Red Queen and the Caterpillar.

Cereal Killer and Friends
Have one person dress up in a costume holding a toy gun. Have every other person dress up as their favorite cereal with some form of fake blood coming out of them. This works for as many friends as your have and as many cereals you can think of.

Harry Potter characters
Have a lot of red-headed friends? Like casting spells? This idea, again, works well for any number of people, because there is a never-ending amount of recognizable characters. Important characters are obviously Harry, Hermione and Ron. However, interesting characters could also be Dumbledore, Voldemort, McGonagall, Snape, any of the Weasleys or any of the fictional animal characters.

The Peanuts Gang
Who didn’t love “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” when they were younger? This costume is great for a multitude of different people because you can keep adding characters. Have Charlie wear a yellow shirt and draw the zig-zag on the shirt. Pair that top with black shorts. Have Sally wear a pink dress, and Lucy wear a blue dress. Lucy should act particularly bossy to everyone all night. One person should wear all white and dog ears to be Snoopy. Someone should wear all yellow and tape feathers to them to play Woodstock. One friend should wear a red t-shirt with black stripes and possibly carry a hand held piano to play Linus. Other entertaining Peanuts members can be Schroeder, Peppermint Patty, Pig-Pen, Franklin and Rerun.

Ashley Berger can be reached at [email protected].