Saving Abel Set to Rock the Pearl Street Ballroom

This Friday night, Saving Abel, Jacob’s Son and One Theory will come together for the first time ever at the Pearl Street Ballroom for a show presented by Lazer 99.3 FM. The concert will be headlined by up-and-coming alternative rock band Saving Abel to promote their most recent album release, “Miss America.”

Saving Abel plays a type of Southern hard rock with influence flooding in from classic bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd and contemporary bands like Three Doors Down. The five-man group is led by Jared Weeks and guitarist Jason Null. Also in tow are guitarist Scott Bartlett, drummer Blake Dixon and bassist Eric Taylor.

The quintet has produced two albums to date, the self-titled, “Saving Abel” in 2008 and “Miss America” in 2010. After landing a record deal with Virgin Records, the band produced some popular tracks in 2008.

“Addicted,” their first mainstream hit, instantly became their most popular song. The entire song is a sexual innuendo packed with racy lyrics and a quick beat.

Other hits off their freshman album include “18 Days,” which, according to lead guitarist Jason Null, was lyrically inspired by Sheriff Buford Pusser of “Walking Tall” fame, “Running from You” and “Drowning Face Down.” These tracks were also released off of their first album.

“Miss America,” the band’s newest album, features the single “Stupid Girl (Only in Hollywood),” which was released earlier this summer. The group’s soft rock playing style has led to success all across the country, having toured with popular alternative rock bands like Puddle of Mudd, Shinedown and Buckcherry.

Jacob’s Son is a local indie band originally from Astoria, N.Y. After making their way to Massachusetts, brothers Mike and Greg Bean followed their vision by forming the group. Later joined by Nick Cosimini and Tony Levesque, the quartet began writing with a hard rock and pop melody. The alternative rock they produce has captivated audience interest, which instigated the release of a 2008 EP titled, “Goodbye to Reason.” Their latest EP is set to release later this year.

Jacob’s Son writes music similar to the band Audioslave. Their soft melodies are very well written. “Lajoie” is about the troubles of a man left alone with a mysterious violent side. This song is produced similar to Audioslave’s hit, “Be Yourself,” which highlights the troubles of everyday people, be they insane or healthy.

One Theory will also be rocking the ballroom Friday night, bringing their musical talent in from San Diego, Calif. Their band is constructed of a vocalist, a drummer, a bassist and two guitarists. The band’s influence is comprised of original metal, new metal and punk rock. The group creates musical chaos with their screamer sound bites paired with their killer guitar strums.

One Theory draws on the musical geniuses from the likes of Killswitch Engage and Iron Maiden. “See Through Pain” is a combination of punk influence and screamer-type melody. Featuring a combination of the two, the band has toured with widely recognized bands like Drowning Pool and Dope.

2007 saw the release of “World’s Decay,” their first full-length album, which they took to promoting from San Diego to Milwaukee, Wis. in as many cities as possible. With the release of their newest EP, “All The Pieces,” One Theory has once again hit the road to promote the EP.

Each band brings a variety of different elements ranging from talent to musical style that feature a new perspective to the audience of the Pioneer Valley. If you’re interested in catching a breath of fresh musical talent away from the overly saturated bands such as Nickelback, Shinedown, and Drowning Pool, this concert is surely just what you’re looking for.

Saving Abel, Jacob’s Son and One Theory are performing  this Friday, Oct. 15 at 7 p.m at the Pearl Street Ballroom in Northampton. Tickets are $20 in advance and $23 at the door.           

Tyler Manoukian can be reached at [email protected].