Students protest UHS cuts and healthcare changes

By Steffi Porter

Collegian news producer Steffi Porter hits the streets as protesters march against the recently announced University Health Services cuts and healthcare changes.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Students protest UHS cuts and healthcare changes”

1. ed on November 17th, 2011 5:05 am

I truly wish UMass/UHS/News/etc would stop advertising this 24-hour-helpline as anything more than the totally useless waste of cell phone airtime that it is.

I will never bother calling it again — I have as alone and abandoned as I did talking to those schmucks on the dark side of midnight a while back. The message really was simple — this is UMass, students are replaceable and we really don’t care if a few of them die, we can get more.

My advice to anyone — ignore Death Services and go directly to the hospital. You are just wasting your time dealing with those schmucks…

2. Anarchy Sucks on November 17th, 2011 11:11 am

Let’s cut some of the graduate student benefits, they’re so ridiculously high that it beats out the benefits of most full time jobs I’ve applied too!

3. Larry Kelley on November 17th, 2011 9:13 pm

Typical state penny-wise-pound-foolish mentality. And it’s the Amherst Fire Department who will bear the extra burden.

http://onlyintherepublicofamherst.blogspot.com/2011/11/umass-double-downs-on-afd.html

4. John G. on November 21st, 2011 11:14 pm

Hey AS, if most full time jobs you’ve applied to are worse than graduate student jobs – with their $12,000 per year take-home pay – then maybe you should consider another line of work.