UPDATED: Director of Residence Education Loomis leaves University

Editor’s note: This article was updated from an earlier version that first appeared on the website.

Tara Loomis, the director of residence education at the University of Massachusetts, has left the University, according to an announcement sent by Executive Director of Housing and Residential Life Edward Hull to Residential Life employees.

The announcement, sent this morning to resident assistants, apartment living advisors and residential life professional staff, stated that Loomis was leaving her position effective immediately and that Hull would become the interim director of residence education.

Residence Education is responsible for the Peer Mentor program, the future of which is currently under review by a committee of students and administrators. It also employs residence directors and assistant residence directors and is home to the residential learning communities program.

University spokesman Ed Blaguszewski said that he could not comment on personnel matters.

Loomis had held the position since June 2011, according to her LinkedIn page. Prior to working at UMass, she was the director of ResLife at University of Maine starting in 2006.

– Collegian News Staff