Crime Log: October 16

This weekend, the town of Amherst saw six accident reports for motor vehicle accidents, about 20 arrests and 22 noise complaints.

At 8:05 p.m. Friday, officers were called to a landlord-tenant dispute at 89 South East St. in which Devin Reade, 32, of Amherst, allegedly grabbed onto another individual’s shirt. He was arrested on charges of domestic assault and battery.

Amherst officers, involved in a joint patrol with University of Massachusetts police, responded three hours later to a disturbance call at 144 Fearing St. Officers, on foot, had a bottle thrown in their direction over bushes, turning in time to see the assailant finishing his throw and laughing with his friends, according to Detective David Foster of the Amherst Police Department. John Moffitt, 19, of Andover, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct for liquor and being a person under 21 in possession of alcohol. The bottle did not hit the officers and “skipped across the road,” according to Foster.

Friday’s arrests concluded at 120 Amity St., where Nikoli Sotil, of East Granby, Conn., and Nicholas Freitas, of Taunton, both 21, were arrested on charges of unlawful noise following a noise complaint call.

Early Saturday morning, at 12:06 a.m., officers responded to a disturbance call at 25 Hobart Lane where there was a gathering of 100 to 150 people, according to Foster. Two tickets of nuisance house were issued to residents there and no arrests were made.

At 12:56 a.m., officers arrested a 22-year-old male who was allegedly too intoxicated to leave apartment 538 of Puffton Village at 1040 North Pleasant St. The male “became confrontational,” according to Foster and began cursing at the police. He was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.

At 1:11 a.m., police observing a crowd of 30 to 40 people on the roadway at 300 Sunderland Road on Route 116 witnessed a gray 2013 Toyota Scion “flying by” as it “nearly hit several people,” according to Foster. Kevin Chan, 25, of Sunderland, was arrested on charges of operating of a motor vehicle to endanger and recklessly operating under the influence of liquor.

A little over an hour later, officers responded to a motor vehicle crash in the vicinity of 10 Meadow St., where a green 1992 Toyota Paseo and a blue 2002 Ford SE Focus came into contact with each other. There were no injuries and there was minor damage to the vehicles, according to Foster. Christopher Wade, 25, of Amherst, was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of liquor, less than one ounce possession of marijuana and possession of a class E drug.

Steven Thompson, 20, of Wilbraham, was arrested at 10:26 p.m. Saturday night at 11 Philips St. on charges of having an open container of alcohol and being a person under 21 in possession of alcohol.

At 11:43 p.m., officers arrested both Joseph Murphy, 19, of Middle Village, N.Y., and Ammasith Phrommavanh, 18, of Old Saybrook, Conn., on charges of being under 21 in possession of alcohol, destruction of property over $250 and open container of alcohol after allegedly vandalizing the door of a Sunset Avenue residence.

On Sunday, police responded to a noise complaint call at Presidential Apartment 74 on 950 North Pleasant St. at 12:47 a.m. According to Foster, police observed “unreasonably loud music and noise,” and when met by officers, the residents were “uncooperative.” Elinore Pellman-Isaacs, 20, of Brooklyn, N.Y., was arrested on a charge of unlawful noise. Katherine Miller, 20, of Marlborough, was arrested on charges of unlawful noise and resisting arrest.

Sarah Krim, 18, of Cedarhurst, N.Y., was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, larceny over $250 and resisting arrest at 1:09 a.m. for allegedly stealing street signs owned by the town of Amherst in the vicinity of 93 Sunset Ave. She was “easily captured” by officers, though an additional male suspect fled, and “did not cooperate” with police, according to Foster.

Police responded to a noise complaint call at 1:21 a.m. at 45 Philips St., where a “loud stereo” was playing, according to Foster. Residents Ian Reeb, 21, of Dedham, Alex Bazin, 20, of East Longmeadow, Joshua Scott, 20, of Springfield, and Joseph Dingmann, 20, of Pocasset, were all arrested on charges of unlawful noise and issued nuisance house. Matthew Scott, 26, of Springfield, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after allegedly trying to help his brother, Joshua Scott, when interacting with police, according to Foster.

Chelsie Field can be reached at [email protected]