UMass student found dead in Puffton Village apartment

A University of Massachusetts student was found dead in his off-campus apartment on Friday, according to the Northwestern District Attorney’s Office.

Chelsey Powell/Daily Collegian

Eric Sinacori, 20, of Whitehouse Station, N.J., was a third year kinesiology major at the University. He was living in Puffton Village at 1040 North Pleasant St.

The District Attorney’s Office does not suspect foul play, though Amherst police and the Massachusetts State Police are investigating the death. The official cause of death has yet to be determined by the medical examiner’s office.

The UMass community was informed of Sinacori’s death on Tuesday through an email from interim vice chancellor Enku Gelaye. In her email, Gelaye said that the University has been in contact with Sinacori’s family.

“During difficult times like this we can help each other by noticing and acknowledging the ongoing mourning and readjustment process that will certainly take place,” Gelaye said in her email.

She referred anyone impacted by the death to a variety of campus resources for support or consolation, including the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health, the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life, the Dean of Students Office and the Faculty and Staff Assistance program.

-Collegian News Staff