Busy weekend of parties, reckless drivers for APD

Shaina Mishkin/Daily Collegian
Shaina Mishkin/Daily Collegian

Friday

11:11 a.m.: Medical assistance was needed at the First Congregational Church on Main Street. A male was lying on the ground; he may have slipped and fallen after a church service.

6:56 p.m.: A motor vehicle was disabled near Atkins Farm on West Street after the car hit a pothole. The tire was blown out, but the vehicle was still able to pull into the parking lot.

7:36 p.m.: A sunken pothole by the West Experiment Station at UMass on North Pleasant Street was causing a hazard. The pothole now has a barrel on it and will be taken care of during the week.

10:47 p.m.: Deoclecio Artur of South Hadley was arrested after police stopped him for operating his vehicle under the influence. He was driving recklessly and almost hit a PVTA bus. His car was towed by Ernie’s Towing.

11:19 p.m.: A party of approximately 150 college-aged people was reported on East Hadley Road.

Saturday

12:11 a.m.: Two female college students fell on the icy street by the Spring Street Lot and South Pleasant Street. Neither sustained serious injury.

12:47 a.m.: A female was in possession of an open container of alcohol on public property.

01:18 a.m.: A disturbance occurred in front of Antonio’s Pizza on North Pleasant Street involving physical pushing.

01:47 a.m.: Adam Luftig of Smithtown, N.Y., and Andrew Sanchez of Ronkokoma, N.Y., were arrested by the Presidential Apartments on North Pleasant Street for fighting. One person was pushed in front of a cruiser on the roadway.

02:14 a.m.: Frank Dellaglio of Acton was arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol. His vehicle was originally stopped because he was driving with no lights.

6:04 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed outside of La Veracruzana on South Pleasant Street for an unresponsive female on a bench.

7:38 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed outside Cumberland Farms on Belchertown Road after a man fell ill and passed out.

10:32 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed at Puffton Village on North Pleasant Street after a man was having difficulty breathing. He was transported by the Amherst Fire Department.

Sunday

12:28 a.m.: Dery Aldeano of Lawrence was arrested for unlawful noise in a nuisance house. He had cars in the road outside creating a hazard. His party of approximately 150 people was cleared out.

12:38 a.m.: Taylor Aldrich of Hadley was arrested for a marked lanes violation and not having a license in her possession. The motor vehicle was stopped on East Pleasant Street for the traffic violation.

12:51 a.m.: Mark Kulas of Hadley and Stephanos Georgiadis of Hadley were involved in a fight on Sunset Avenue that resulted in their arrests. Both resisted arrest and Georgiadis was charged with assault and battery of a police officer. The officer struck was not injured.

02:32 a.m.: Medical assistance was needed for a 90-year-old male who reported chest pain at the Applewood Retirement Community on Spencer Drive. He was transported by the Amherst Fire Department.

04:01 a.m.: Vandalism on a black 1997 Dodge Dakota was reported on Sunset Avenue. All of the windows and the lights were smashed in.

2:02 p.m.: A large explosion was reported near a residence on Shutesbury Road. The cause is unknown.

4:29 p.m.: A possible breaking and entering was reported on Shays Street. No entry was discovered.

5:27 p.m.: There was a disturbance by the Panda East restaurant on North Pleasant Street. A man was reported to be strangling his son. The juvenile suffered minor injuries from the strangling. The mother took custody of the juvenile.

7:10 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed for a 40-year-old man on North Prospect Street who was not breathing. His was in full cardiac arrest upon arrival. CPR was required.

8:49 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed on Chadwick Street for a 92-year-old female who was semi-alert and suffering from nausea. She was transported by the Amherst Fire Department to the hospital.

Marleigh Felsenstein can be reached at [email protected].