Ordinary weekend for Amherst Police

Shaina Mishkin/Daily Collegian
Shaina Mishkin/Daily Collegian

Friday, Jan. 31

1:49 p.m.: A male child tried to put snow in the tailpipe of a woman’s car on Triangle Street.

3:03 p.m.: A lost white dog with a pink collar was seen on Henry Street. The dog growls when approached.

3:35 p.m.: A female was caught taking pictures of her neighbor’s children through the window of her home. The accused claimed that she was testing her camera.

6:35 p.m.: A male fell in the Chi Omega house. He hit his head and became unconscious, but he was still breathing. He was believed to be under the influence.

7:00 p.m.: The juvenile driver was found in possession of a bong and vodka when stopped in his motor vehicle. There was a smell of burnt marijuana in the car.

7:44 p.m.: A female reported a 6-foot male wearing a black jacket following her near the Lord Jeffrey Inn.

Saturday, Feb. 1

2:28 p.m.: A male came into the lobby of 400 Amity Street screaming that somebody was chasing him. He claimed a brick was thrown at him from a black truck.

Sunday, Feb. 2

1:31 a.m.: Brendan Farrell was arrested by North Pleasant Street. Ernie’s Towing towed his vehicle. He was charged with a lights violation and OUI for alcohol.

2:28 a.m.: A newspaper was on fire in the parking lot of an apartment building on North Pleasant Street.

7:56 a.m.: A college male was lying on the floor in the lobby of the A.J. Hastings, Inc. store. He was shaking and lethargic and was transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital. He had suffered from a six-hour memory lapse.

1:53 p.m.: A fight broke out in front of Judie’s restaurant.

Marleigh Felsenstein can be reached at [email protected].