Liquor law violations and automobile issues problems this weekend

Friday, April 4

9:53 a.m.: Amherst Police assisted the Amherst Fire Department in response to a brush fire on Montague Road in Leverett. The Leverett Police Department was on scene with a fire truck.

5:02 p.m.: A baby was locked in a vehicle at Cumberland Farms on Belchertown Road. Auto Express came immediately and unlocked the door.

5:27 p.m.: A homeless camp was spotted on Cottage Street. The person who reported the camp to police was worried that its inhabitants may not know about the local homeless shelters.

5:43 p.m.: There was a disturbance at Amherst Chinese restaurant on Main Street. An employee claimed that she does not receive a pay statement because of owner refusal, and said another employee made several inappropriate comments toward her without help from management.

6:12 p.m.: A caller complained about an erratic motor vehicle on East Pleasant Street in Amherst. The driver said he was on his way home after a long drive from New Hampshire and claims that he was diabetic. His blood sugar levels were normal.

10:49 p.m.: There was a liquor law violation on Sunset Avenue. A person was urinating in the trees. He had a water bottle of mixed drink in his pocket, and was under 21.

11:07 p.m.: There was a liquor law violation on Sunset Avenue and the alcohol was poured out.

11:18 p.m.: A toga party was reported on Allen Street. A girl was supposedly grabbed by the shoulders and had vulgarities screamed at her. The location of the pseudo Romans was unknown.

11:21 p.m.: A motor vehicle was stopped for having a head light out. The driver’s backpack had several beers in it. The crime was possession of alcohol under 21.

11:49 p.m.: Someone received a suspicious call from a female on UMass property screaming “90 Eastman Lane.”

Saturday, April 5

12:01 a.m.: There was a noise complaint on Main Street. The caller reported that loud bass was shaking his house. The police arrived and 200 guests were cleared from his neighbor’s home downstairs.

12:28 a.m.: Medical assistance was required for a heavily intoxicated female on the front lawn of a house on Meadow Street with a male. She was unconscious upon police arrival. The Amherst Fire Department then arrived and took care of her.

2:09 a.m.: A motor vehicle was stopped for defective headlights on Northampton Road. The license of the driver had been suspended prior to the stop.

11:18 a.m.: There was a larceny at Simple Gifts Farm on North Pleasant Street. Meats and other products were stolen.

2:30 p.m.: Someone fell asleep for 45 minutes with the door locked in the bathroom of Starbucks on North Pleasant Street.

3:18 p.m.: A large, black and white beagle was reported on Leverett Road. The dog has a pink collar and a rabies tag.

3:42 p.m.: There was a possible break-in at Courtyard 5 on West Street.

4:01 p.m.: Phone calls were received on Belchertown Road from a man with an Indian accent who threatened to kill the recipient of the calls over two million dollars. The calls have since stopped.

4:13 p.m.: There was a noise complaint on Summer Street for loud yelling and music. Residents abandoned the place. Police said they would return at a later time to charge them accordingly.

4:42 p.m.: Larceny was reported on Chapel Road. Someone’s debit card number was used out of state.

4:46 p.m.: Thomas Anderson of New Hartford, Conn., was arrested after a motor vehicle stop on Main Street for OUI liquor, OUI drugs and a miscellaneous motor vehicle equipment violation.

6:52 p.m.: A 15-year-old male was reported to be seen hanging out with people twice his age outside of the Bangs Community Center on Boltwood Walk. His mother was notified and she said that she would have a talk with him.

8:52 p.m.: Police returned to the residency on Summer Street. The residents were not in and a business card was left. If the officer did not hear back, they would return and obtain the resident’s information another way.

9:59 p.m.: Trespassing occurred at Craig’s Place Homeless Shelter on North Pleasant Street.

10:03 p.m.: There was a liquor law violation on Boltwood Avenue. Rishi Kowalski of Decatur, Ga., was arrested for possession of alcohol under 21.

10:04 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed on Indian Pipe Lane for an unconscious female. She was alert upon arrival but was nauseous. She was then transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.

11:03 p.m.: Max Lesselbaum of Amherst was arrested at Russell’s Liquors, Inc. on Main Street for disorderly conduct, assault and battery on a police officer and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

11:33 p.m. There was a liquor law violation on North Pleasant Street. David Matthews of Bedford was arrested for possession of alcohol under 21.

Sunday, April 6

12:05 a.m.: Jordan Fiske of Hinsdale was arrested for an open container of alcohol and possession of alcohol under 21.

12:10 a.m.: Mitchell Williams of Harvard was arrested for possession of alcohol under 21.

12:33 a.m.: There was a noise complaint at Mill Valley on Riverglade Drive for a toga party. A warning was issued.

12:46 a.m.: A motor vehicle was stopped on Lincoln Avenue. The operator was unlicensed.

1:30 a.m.: Evan Pollard of Erving was arrested on East Pleasant Street for a marked lanes violation, OUI liquor and negligent operation of a motor vehicle to endanger.

1:33 a.m.: Calvin Cook of Beverly was arrested for disorderly conduct on Pelham Road.

2:44 a.m.: There was a liquor law violation on Summer Street for an open container of alcohol.

3:01 a.m.: A stolen 1999 Toyota SE Corolla was stopped on Russell Street.

3:34 a.m.: Entircus Nyaigoti, 24, of Clinton was arrested on Main Street for three counts of breaking and entering at night, possession of tools and assault and battery. He allegedly attempted to break into vehicles.

2:40 p.m.: Shoplifting was reported at the Big Y supermarket on University Drive.

4:24 p.m.: The Summer Street residents were found and charged with unlawful noise and nuisance house.

6:50 p.m.: A distressed dog was seen in a vehicle at the Emily Dickinson Homestead on Main Street. It was investigated and the dog appeared to be fine.

9:58 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed at Craig’s Place Homeless Shelter on North Pleasant Street for an unconscious, possibly heavily intoxicated male. He was transported by the Amherst Fire Department.

Marleigh Felsenstein can be reached at [email protected].