No arrests made at UMass Homecoming tailgate and game

(Christina Yacono/Daily Collegian)

(Christina Yacono/Daily Collegian)

Friday, Sept. 26

1:04 a.m.: There was a suspicious vehicle on Main Street. The driver of the car was heavily under the influence of alcohol. Bystanders observed the driver urinating and vomiting outside before trying to drive away. The driver’s brother came to take custody of him and the vehicle was towed by Ernie’s Towing.

1:14 a.m.: There was a motor vehicle stop on South Pleasant Street for a defective headlight and a red light violation.

5:39 a.m.: A sign pole was pulled into the street on Dana Street.

6:23 a.m.: There was vandalism of the public restroom at the War Memorial Pool on Triangle Street, involving damage and graffiti.

8:08 a.m.: An elderly female was observed calling for help in the street because she believed there was an intruder in her home. Upon investigation, there was no intruder and she was helped back inside.

12:57 p.m.: A black Nokia Lumia cell phone went missing on Amity Street.

2:34 p.m.: A cat was hit by a motor vehicle on South East Street. It went to hide in the bushes.

11:18 p.m.: There was a fight on Hobart Lane between about 10 people. It stopped upon police arrival.

11:53 p.m.: Three people kicked in the front door of a house on Fairfield Street and then fled the scene.

Saturday, Sept. 27

12:55 a.m.: There was a possible fight by Bruno’s Pizza on Main Street. The incident was unfounded.

1:31 a.m.: Nicholas Sarfaty-Jackson, 18, of Whately, was arrested at the Lederle Research Tower at UMass on North Pleasant Street for disorderly conduct.

2:14 a.m.: There was an apparent larceny at Salem Place. A woman placed her purse, which contained personal items, on a water heater and it was stolen.

2:20 a.m.: There was a breaking and entering on Hobart Lane. The interior of the house was vandalized.

9:27 a.m.: There was a suspicious male that was indecently exposed at Puffton Village on North Pleasant Street.

2:30 p.m.: Nikolai James, 21, of Leverett, was arrested after a foot chase for two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon; one with his foot and the other with a wine bottle, and for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

7:20 p.m.: There was a breaking and entering on Hobart Lane. The victim claimed their computer was taken from their home. There was no sign of forced entry, and the incident is under investigation.

11:07 p.m.: There was a fight on Amity Street. There was no active disturbance upon police arrival. Over 300 guests were dispersed.

11:30 p.m.: Derek Dumouchel, 20, of Medway, and Colin McGuire, 20, of Woburn, were arrested on Sunset Avenue for unlawful noise, a nuisance house, receiving stolen property worth $250 and being minors in possession of alcohol.

Sunday, Sept. 28

12:56 a.m.: There was an assault with a knife on Nutting Avenue at a party. No injuries were sustained.

1:33 a.m.: There was a breaking and entering on Lincoln Avenue. The suspect was known to the victim. The suspect, 20, is from Kings Park, New York.

2:00 a.m.: There was an assault at Subway on Main Street.

2:09 a.m.: Christopher Diniz, 24, of Milford, was arrested for trespassing and disturbing the peace.

4:33 a.m.: There was an assault at the Campus Center Hotel at UMass on Campus Center Way. The suspect was known to the victim.

1:21 p.m.: A female party caused a disturbance and refused to leave Not Bread Alone Soup Kitchen on Main Street.

Marleigh Felsenstein can be reached at [email protected]