Suspicious ice cream truck raises alarm at Village Park Offices

(Shaina Mishkin/Collegian File Photo)
(Shaina Mishkin/Collegian File Photo)

Friday, Sept. 12

10:34 a.m.: Medical assistance was needed on Riverglade Drive for an elderly female. She was breathing, but unresponsive in the bathroom. Police assisted the Amherst Fire Department.

1:17 p.m.: A man who threatened the manager of Starbucks on North Pleasant Street was standing near the business. The manager wanted him removed from the premises.

2:19 p.m.: A Lincoln Avenue resident claimed her neighbor was harassing her.

5:25 p.m.: A 15-year-old girl riding her bicycle was struck by a grey 2006 Nissan Sentra on Mill Lane. She suffered minor injuries and her guardian came to retrieve her.

5:57 p.m.: There was suspicious activity at Pi Kappa Alpha on North Pleasant Street. Any suspicion was gone upon police arrival.

7:59 p.m.: A disabled black 2002 Honda Civic on West Street was towed by College Street Towing.

11:29 p.m.: James Conlon, 19, of Medford, was arrested at the Hillel House on North Pleasant Street for possession of alcohol under the age of 21.

11:42 p.m.: A fight on Fearing Street left one person on the ground unresponsive. The Amherst Fire Department was en route upon arrival.

11:59 p.m.: A large party getting out of control on Hobart Lane caused a disturbance.

Saturday, Sept. 13

12:15 a.m.: Jonathan Oberman, 20, of Worcester, Antonio Corba, 21, of Hastings-on-Hudson, New York and David Swartz, 20, of Holden, were arrested for unlawful noise and nuisance house on Belchertown Road.

1:55 a.m.: Medical assistance was needed on West Pomeroy Lane for an elderly female with difficulty breathing due to an allergic reaction. She was transported by the Amherst Fire Department to the hospital.

2:42 a.m.: A mailbox was thrown through the window of a residence on Main Street.

3:28 p.m.: There was a suspicious ice cream truck at Village Park Offices on East Pleasant Street. The operator of the truck was previously evicted from Village Park.

6:52 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed on Fearing Street for a 19-year-old with chest pain. He was transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital for an apparent anxiety attack.

10:41 p.m.: An ambulance was requested for a female with difficulty breathing on Van Meter Drive.

Sunday, Sept. 14

12:03 a.m.: A liquor law violation occurred on Phillips Street, which resulted in a summons for a minor in possession of alcohol.

12:24 a.m.: A motor vehicle was stolen on Hadley Road. The blue 1998 Honda Civic was not towed, and only glass remained in the place it was previously parked.

12:28 a.m.: Jonah Amstar, 20, of Bridgewater, New Jersey and Laban Christenson, 20, of Waltham, were arrested for possession of alcohol under the age of 21.

12:42 a.m.: Medical assistance was needed on Hobart Lane for an unresponsive male heavily under the influence. He was transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital by the Amherst Fire Department.

12:58 a.m.: Luke Gatti, 18, of Bayville, New York, was arrested for disorderly conduct and assault and battery on a police officer.

9:46 a.m.: Medical assistance was needed for a 38-year-old male unconscious after a seizure.

11:17 a.m.: Medical assistance was needed for a bicyclist who fell down on East Leverett Road after he struck a pothole.

1:40 p.m.: Medical assistance was needed at the Amherst Brewing Company on University Drive for a male who fell from his wheelchair.

4:53 p.m.: An aggressive German Shepherd was loose on Stony Hill Road.

There was thought to be a larceny at St. Brigid’s Parish on North Pleasant Street of an item worth $700. The call was cancelled after the caller found the item.

Marleigh Felsenstein can be reached at [email protected].