Loose farm animals keep police occupied over the weekend

Cow in the middle of the road in South Australia. (Courtesy of daolphinsballoon/Flickr)

Friday, Oct. 24

8:46 a.m.: A cow was in the middle of the road on the town line of Amherst and Hadley on Farmington Road. The cow belonged in Hadley.

1:29 p.m.: Chickens were loose on Sunderland Road.

3:41 p.m.: A woman locked her keys in her car along with her child at CVS Pharmacy on University Drive. Ernie’s Towing unlocked her vehicle.

5:57 p.m.: A man flipped off two high school kids at Hampshire Health and Fitness on Gatehouse Road after they followed him and laughed at him.

9:39 p.m.: There was a suspicious motor vehicle reported at a house on South East Street. The caller was advised to call back if the vehicle was seen again.

10:26 p.m.: There was a disturbance at Rolling Green on Belchertown Road. There was a female screaming at a male to get out of her apartment. They told police that they were just having a verbal argument.

11:17 p.m.: Bottles were thrown off of a porch at a residence on Phillips Street. Party was cooperative and cleared out.

Saturday, Oct. 25

12:32 a.m.: Kenneth James Lemoine, 19, of Belchertown, was arrested on North Pleasant Street for possession of alcohol under the age of 21, possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and negligent operation of a motor vehicle to endanger after he was stopped for swerving in the road.

12:53 a.m.: There was a disturbance at a party on Lincoln Avenue. People were attempting to push their friend down the stairs and the party was starting to get out of control. Residents were uncooperative but guests were cleared out anyway.

1:06 a.m.: A person was observed with an open container of alcohol which they then threw against a tree on Phillips Street.

2:23 a.m.: A fight was reported at the Townehouse Apartments on Meadow Street. The caller reported that hallways were full of blood, but no weapons were seen.

2:24 a.m.: A stick was thrown at a window of a house on Sunset Avenue.

4:24 a.m.: Vandalism was reported at Atkins Farm on West Street. Approximately 100 sugar pumpkins were smashed overnight.

9:05 a.m.: A side view mirror was broken off of a white 2014 Nissan Altima on Taylor Street.

10:45 p.m.: A stray grey cat with no collar was found on East Hadley Road.

Sunday, Oct. 26

12:37 a.m.: Blake F. Dawson, 21, of Sterling, was arrested for an open container of alcohol on Main Street.

1:00 a.m.: A larceny was reported at Monkey Bar on North Pleasant Street. A purse was stolen from inside the cleaning closet. The purse contained car keys and IDs.

1:33 a.m.: There was a disturbance at the Townehouse Apartments on Meadow Street. Three males were starting fights and people sustained minor injuries.

2:07 a.m.: Five males were fighting over a backpack at Froyo World on North Pleasant Street.

9:36 a.m.: There was a goat loose on Sunderland Road.

11:13 a.m.: Windows at a residence on Main Street were smashed.

2:58 p.m.: There was a breaking and entering in the Presidential Apartments. Clothes were stolen.

2:58 p.m.: There was a breaking and entering at the Loose Goose Cafe. Entry was possibly gained through a window. The break in seemed to have occured around 1 a.m. Sunday. Money was stolen. Other information is unknown at this time.

8:01 p.m.: Charles James Peters III, 21, of Weston, was arrested on South East Street for OUI liquor and failure to stop/yield. The car was towed by Amherst Towing.

Marleigh Felsenstein can be reached at [email protected]