Police Log: Friday, Nov. 21, 2014 to Sunday, Nov. 23, 2014

(Daily Collegian File Photo)
(Daily Collegian File Photo)

Friday, Nov. 21

10:45 p.m.: A concerned neighbor at 310 West St. suspected that a group of 100 people passing through the neighborhood en route to a party knocked over multiple trashcans and tipped over a neighbor’s mailbox. Police restored the cans to their respective residences and repositioned the mailbox. No arrests were made.

11:50 p.m.: Police arrested Alexander Elkins, 20, of Worcester, and Connor Bertram, 20, of Amherst, for unlawful noise and residing in a nuisance house at 297 West St. The two males did not cooperate with police when they were ordered to clear out their party of approximately 150 guests.

Saturday, Nov. 22

12:59 a.m.: A woman described as Hispanic sat in front of High Horse Brewing drinking beer from a red pitcher and refused to leave the premises. Police recovered the pitcher and told the female party to move along.

1:08 a.m.: A man flagged down a cruiser in front of Antonio’s Pizza on North Pleasant Street. He blew a whistle to draw attention to a fight that he needed assistance breaking up. Both parties involved in the fight fled once the cruiser pulled to the side of the road.

11:42 a.m.: A man claiming to work for Western Electric called Rafters Restaurant and Sports Bar at 422 Amity St. and said he was on the way to cut power to the restaurant. The manager suspected the call was a prank and informed police, who discovered no suspicious activity.

7:45 p.m.: A small kitchen fire ignited in Apartment 10 of 33 Kellogg Ave. The Amherst Fire Department opened the windows of the apartment to ventilate the large amounts of black smoke building up inside. No one was injured in the fire.

11:52 p.m.: Officers issued a citation to twins Lorenzo and Paolo Cosmo-Tourreilles, 21, of Belmont, and Kevin Durst, 22, of Amherst, at a Presidential Apartment for unlawful noise.

Sunday, Nov. 23

1:28 a.m.: A security guard was punched in the chest outside 29 Hobart Lane when he tried to break up a fight between seven to nine males. The residence was also vandalized during the altercation. The group of males dispersed by the time police arrived and the security guard did not wish to pursue the matter.

2:13 a.m.: Fifteen to 20 males banged on the door of 29 Hobart Lane and tried to forcibly enter the apartment. Police arrested three males of the group: Matthew Langford, 20, of East Longmeadow, for disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and assault and battery on a police officer; Timothy Shottes, 20, of New Boston, New Hampshire, for disorderly conduct and Kyle Bisceglia, 20, of New Boston, New Hampshire, for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

4:18 a.m.: A woman and her four children hid upstairs in her Olympia Drive apartment and called police when she suspected someone tried to break in. She heard the sliding glass door in her living room open and the alarm sound. Police did not find any unwanted persons inside. A male friend stayed the night to reassure the reporting party.

4:10 p.m.: A purported hound dog wearing an orange vest roamed Jenks Street and entered multiple neighbors’ yards. One neighbor identified the hound and notified its owner. The man reunited with his pet shortly after.

8:20 p.m.: A mother and son bickered at their Riverglade Drive apartment after she turned his Xbox off without his permission. The son became uncontrollable, smashed a broom off a wall and fled the house screaming in his underwear. The mother’s older son pursued his brother and was able to catch and return him home. The mother expressed concerns that her son may be bipolar and requested he be evaluated by the Crisis Intervention Center at Cooley Dickinson Hospital. The son complied, stating he cannot control his emotions and wished to seek medical assistance.

9:38 p.m.: Kyle Bisceglia called the Amherst Police Department because he was confused about what he should do following his arrest the previous night. He informed the officer that he was confident that he did not receive a form to appear in court. The officer suggested he appear at Eastern Hampshire District Court on Monday.

Brendan Deady can be reached at [email protected].

Correction: A previous version of this article incorrectly stated that Lorenzo Cosmo-Tourreilles, Paolo Cosmo-Tourreilles and Kevin Durst were arrested. They were issued a citation for a noise complaint and do not live in the Presidential Apartment. The error has been corrected above.