Several reports of suspicious vehicles over the weekend

(Collegian File Photo)
(Collegian File Photo)

Friday, Nov. 14

12:31 p.m.: Officers followed up on an online incident report filed from the Brandywine Apartments. The report described banging, screaming and a woman’s voice repeatedly shrieking, “Let me go” in an undetermined apartment nearby. The source of the yelling was not identified.

9:31 p.m.: A truck driver misjudged the height of a bridge on Southeast Street and damaged the top of his vehicle on the underbelly of the railroad passing. No structural damage to the bridge was evident.

10:16 p.m.: Leah Nestlebaum, of 111 Main St., reported her residence as the subject of a repeated prank. An unknown party placed a “For Sale” sign on her front lawn for the third time. The house is not for sale. Neighbors were notified to keep an eye out for suspicious activity.

11:01 p.m.: A suspicious male knocked on the sliding glass door of Townehouse Apartment 76 asking for a “Josh.” When the resident explained no one by that name lived at the apartment, the male peered inside and fled. Police did not locate the suspicious male or “Josh.” Security was made aware of the male’s description.

11:07 p.m.: A noise complaint was filed on an apartment on Gray Street. Upon arrival, police dispersed a large gathering of about 75 people and issued a noise warning to the residents.

11:26 p.m.: There was a loud disturbance in front of 20 Allen St. A neighbor described witnessing five males involved in a physical altercation on the street. The party fled when police arrived. Police instructed the residents at 20 Allen St. to disperse their party. No arrests were made.

Saturday, Nov. 15

12:09 a.m.: Meghan Machellen, of Natick, was arrested on Amity Street for operating under the influence, negligent driving and leaving the scene of property damage. An officer witnessed Machellen hit a parked car and continue driving. She appeared intoxicated and failed a field sobriety test.

1:21 a.m.: Guadalupe Roblero, of East Pleasant Street, was arrested for operating a motor vehicle under the influence and with a suspended license. Roblero was pulled over on East Pleasant Street when an officer witnessed his vehicle swerve into an oncoming lane. The officer smelled alcohol on Roblero and in his vehicle.

1:22 a.m.: A party was dispersed at Puffton Village. The roommates of the residence feuded while they attempted to clear a large crowd in front of their apartment. Police suggested they be contacted if any further problems arise.

1:22 p.m.: An unidentified caller reported a Toyota Tacoma as being suspicious on Woodlot Road. The vehicle was left unattended in front of a nearby school and prescription pill bottles were openly visible on the passenger seat. A Mr. Peacock was identified as the owner and explained he frequently leaves his car unlocked. Someone appeared to have rummaged through the vehicle.

5:30 p.m.: A woman reported a suspicious vehicle parked at 170 Chestnut St. When the woman was entering her vehicle, she noticed a 1992 Black Toyota parked next to her. When the driver realized the reporting party noticed him, he covered his face and crouched down in his vehicle. The vehicle was gone by the time police arrived.

Sunday, Nov. 16

12:04 a.m.: A woman heard what she described as “dangerous noises” coming from 374 Lincoln Ave. and notified police. Nothing dangerous was discovered.

4:14 a.m.: Police pulled over a 1999 Dodge Durango on University Drive for a traffic violation. A passenger was frisked when he failed to provide accurate identification information. Officers discovered a firearm in the glove compartment that was confirmed to be legally licensed to one of the passengers in the vehicle. Police had the Durango towed when they discovered the driver was operating with a suspended license.

6:40 a.m.: Wes Thomas, of Washington, was arrested at the Brandywine Apartment complex for disturbing the peace. Thomas was reported for screaming and banging on the door of an apartment searching for his girlfriend. Her roommate explained she was home in Fall River. Thomas was at first cooperative but soon became disruptive and asked police if they were going to, “Just shoot him.” He accused the officers of targeting him because of his race.

1:35 p.m.: A man requested police assistance in locating his sister, a local resident. The male has been unable to establish contact with her. He has been in contact with her boyfriend who refuses to let her come to the phone and reassure the male that she is fine.

5:07 p.m.: Police removed an uncooperative male from the Glazed Doughnut Shop at 23 North Pleasant St. The male locked himself in the bathroom and refused to leave when employees requested he do so. Police ordered him to stay away from the premises.

11:06 p.m.: A concerned woman notified police of a dog locked in a car in front of Olde Town Tavern on Pray Street. She worried the animal would freeze. The dog did not appear in distress.

Monday, Nov. 17

12:28 a.m.: A Resident of North Pleasant Street reported six loud explosions in the area but did not specify exactly where. Police did not discover anything suspicious when they surveyed the neighborhood.

Brendan Deady can be reached at [email protected].