Amherst Police Log: April 22 to 24

(Robert Rigo/Daily Collegian)

(Robert Rigo/Daily Collegian)

Friday, April 22:

1:02 p.m.: Carl Howard, 43, was arrested on Northampton Road on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. Howard was involved in a motor vehicle crash. When officers arrived on scene, they noticed signs of impairment and issued a field sobriety test.

8:47 p.m.: A group of fraternity members illegally dumped a bureau, a recliner and trash at a recycling bin near the Rolling Green Apartments. A witness described the vehicle to officers who tracked the license plate back to a member of the undisclosed fraternity.

11:54 p.m.: Officers received a call about suspicious activity near the Carriage Shops on North Pleasant Street. The caller described a white male with a mustache who had caused a disruption by yelling racial slurs at passing vehicles. Officers did not find a person matching that description on scene.

Saturday, April 23:

1:04 a.m.: An officer observed a young male urinating in the alleyway outside of The Pub on East Pleasant Street. The officer warned the man of the potential consequences if arrested for public urination and sent him on his way.

1:42 a.m.: A fistfight that occurred at the bus stop within Puffton Village led to the arrest of one man. Police arrested Sean Young, 25, of Woburn for charges of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and assault and battery on a police officer.

1:57 a.m.: An officer pulled over a driver for a marked lanes violation on Sunderland Road. The officer arrested Saul Jackson Soto, 19, of South Deerfield on charges for negligent operation of a motor vehicle and driving under the influence of drugs.

6:22 p.m.: A 19-year-old male received a court summons for disorderly conduct after officers witnessed him throw a beer can into a large crowd gathered in one of the Townehouse Apartment quads.

7:14 p.m.: Allison Martin, 21, of Marshfield and Rebekah Flores, 21, of Bayonne, New Jersey, were arrested outside of 33 East Pleasant St. for their involvement in a physical altercation. Martin received charges of malicious destruction of property over $250 and disorderly conduct. Flores received charges of disorderly conduct and assault and battery.

9:40 p.m.: Chandler Burnham, 21, of Rockport was arrested for an OUI charge after he crashed his car into a parked vehicle.

Sunday, April 24:

12:05 a.m.: Two male residents of 121 Meadow St. received court summonses for an unlawful noise violation. Officers responded to a call of a large gathering and the hosts did not clear out the party in a manner that met the officers’ standards.

1:54 a.m.: Two female residents at 79 Taylor St. received court summonses for nuisance house violation of the town bylaws. Officers witnessed the lawn outside of the residence covered in trash, beer bottles and a broken couch, which also violate the town’s bylaws.

3:06 a.m.: A male resident of 97 Puffton Village asked police for assistance with an intoxicated woman he took into his apartment. The reporting party said he saw a group of males approach the woman who was alone and stumbling. The woman passed out on his couch and began to vomit. She was transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.

8:26 p.m.: Officers broke up a fist fight in front of the Unitarian Meetinghouse at 121 North Pleasant St. The three men involved had a verbal disagreement that became heated and led to a physical altercation.
Brendan Deady can be reached at [email protected]