Update: Bemben being held without bail

(Collegian File Photo)

Patrick Bemben, the alleged suspect connected to the Amherst home invasion and armed robbery on South East Street early Sunday morning, has been charged with armed robbery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Bemben is currently being held without bail pending a November 25 dangerousness hearing ordered by Judge Thomas Estes in the Eastern Hampshire District Court.

Police officers found Bemben behind the home on Sunday, where he appeared to be wearing, “a ski-type mask, goggles, a head lamp, binoculars, communication/radio equipment, a tactical bulletproof vest and carrier, BDU pants, flex-cuffs, and camel back hydration pack,” stated the Amherst police report.

Police uncovered items linked to growing and producing marijuana behind the home.

Bemben allegedly stole around $300 worth of marijuana and other items according to the report from the Eastern Hampshire District Court.

According to the police report, Bemben did not act alone, “The investigation further yielded that three to four men planned specifically to rob the residents of South East Street of marijuana, molly…marijuana wax, equipment and cash.”

The victim that suffered lacerations to the upper right arm has been identified as a 23-year-old man and resident, who believes that a hatchet was used to inflict the injury. The wound he received will require surgery.

Another resident, a 24-year-old male was struck by a pistol, suffered a laceration and was, “beaten by multiple aggressors” according to the police report.

Hayley Johnson can be reached at [email protected].