The Collegian News Hour S2 E9: Semester Recap: Protests, top stories and police logs

The news staff discusses the past week's stories

1 Comment

One Response to “The Collegian News Hour S2 E9: Semester Recap: Protests, top stories and police logs”

1. Anna on December 11th, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi, To address a few of the things you talk about re: the anti-racism/anti-fascism march last week. The University administration has a standing meeting with Amherst police every week to receive a report on any students arrested the previous week. The University uses their student code of conduct to expel students arrested in the town of Amherst (if you are arrested elsewhere, they wouldn’t necessarily know).

As for the tip line, it was used to racially profile Reginald Andrade who is a longtime staff member and former student at UMass Amherst. His own Union and other unions on campus are asking the UMPD to get rid of this tip line.

• The Collegian News Hour S2 E9: Semester Recap: Protests, top stories and police logs

Paparo: Signing with Premier Lacrosse League a “simple decision”

UMass softball’s seniors go out in style

UMass’ season ends in the A-10 tournament with 8-2 loss to Fordham

With its back to the wall, UMass delivers against Saint Louis

Minutewomen struggle in opening loss against GW, rally back to beat St. Louis in elimination bracket

Minutewomen seeking redemption in Atlantic 10 Tournament

UMass softball looks to win first A-10 tournament since 2012

UMass has season finale rained out after splitting double header with George Mason

‘Not Backing Down’ panel draws in hundreds of attendees despite legal controversy

UMass Permaculture Gardens available online in 360-degree view