The Collegian News Hour S2 E9: Semester Recap: Protests, top stories and police logs

The news staff discusses the past week's stories

1 Comment

One Response to “The Collegian News Hour S2 E9: Semester Recap: Protests, top stories and police logs”

1. Anna on December 11th, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi, To address a few of the things you talk about re: the anti-racism/anti-fascism march last week. The University administration has a standing meeting with Amherst police every week to receive a report on any students arrested the previous week. The University uses their student code of conduct to expel students arrested in the town of Amherst (if you are arrested elsewhere, they wouldn’t necessarily know).

As for the tip line, it was used to racially profile Reginald Andrade who is a longtime staff member and former student at UMass Amherst. His own Union and other unions on campus are asking the UMPD to get rid of this tip line.

• The Collegian News Hour S2 E9: Semester Recap: Protests, top stories and police logs

In defense of headphone wires

Time to rethink affirmative action

UMass Transit restores bus routes, recovers from driver shortage

Activism and academics celebrated at 35th annual MLK community breakfast 

Third annual Pioneer Valley Women’s March held on Saturday

How restaurant interiors ought to be

Sia: The face behind the wig

Perry, Leidel lead scoring attack in UMass women’s hoops 70-58 win over Davidson

No. 1 UMass stunned by No. 8 Northeastern in 2-1 overtime thriller

Greasy goals will No. 1 UMass past No. 8 Northeastern