The Collegian News Hour S2 E9: Semester Recap: Protests, top stories and police logs

The news staff discusses the past week's stories

1 Comment

One Response to “The Collegian News Hour S2 E9: Semester Recap: Protests, top stories and police logs”

1. Anna on December 11th, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi, To address a few of the things you talk about re: the anti-racism/anti-fascism march last week. The University administration has a standing meeting with Amherst police every week to receive a report on any students arrested the previous week. The University uses their student code of conduct to expel students arrested in the town of Amherst (if you are arrested elsewhere, they wouldn’t necessarily know).

As for the tip line, it was used to racially profile Reginald Andrade who is a longtime staff member and former student at UMass Amherst. His own Union and other unions on campus are asking the UMPD to get rid of this tip line.

• The Collegian News Hour S2 E9: Semester Recap: Protests, top stories and police logs

Western Mass indie group Cars Go West talks origins and debut album

Memorization isn’t the best way to learn

How fair are college admissions?

UMass Democrats debaten sobre la política americano-israelí en la actual democracia estadounidense

标题:来信: 请远离低温水体

‘Mercy, compassion and kindness:’ UMass community comes out in support of Muslim community after the Christchurch attack

一封信:预警所有学生 凉水很危险

Is TikTok a healthy app for young users?

APD investigating five break-ins over spring break

UMPD Logs: Friday, March 15 – Sunday, March 17