Homecoming week events

This year’s Homecoming week for Sacramento State will be jam- packed full of things to do and see on campus.

With events like a 5k run, open forums, a banner contest, the opening of the Alumni Center, mixers and a luncheon by the alumni, it seems like there will be endless possiblities of activities to do.

In addition, a bonfire rally, dedications, parties, the Homecoming football game and more, will all occur the week of Sunday, Oct. 8 through Saturday, Oct. 14.

Kicking the week off on Sunday, Oct. 8 at 8 a.m. in the Hornet Stadium is the 5k Run 4 Life race.

On Monday, Oct. 9, join in as Sacramento State tries to break their previous record for the amount of people in the campus photo in the library quad at 12 p.m.

A forum, “Law Enforcement Consolidation” will be held in the Alumni Center at 4 p.m., on Tuesday, Oct. 10.

The Alumni Center is holding an open house and tour on Wednesday, Oct. 11 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Starting at 11:30 a.m. in the library quad on Wednesday, is a banner contest. Later that day, two forums will be held at 4 p.m. in the Alumni Center.

Friday, Oct. 13 kicks off with the Alumni Honors luncheon at 11:30 a.m. in the Alumni Center. Later that evening, Sacramento State is holding a bonfire rally at 6 p.m. in parking lot 10 and will continue at 7:15 p.m. in the shot put area.

Starting the day at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 14, is the Wilma Allerton Memorial dedication at the Alumni Center followed by the Steven Lee Yamshon Alumni Center dedication at 11:30 a.m. and the Ron Smith Memorial dedication at 2 p.m.

From 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. there will be a Homecoming pre-game party held in the Alumni Center. Wrapping up the week of fun and spirit is the big football game at 6:05 vs. Montana State in the Hornet Stadium.

To get further information on the events being held during Spirit Week, Eureka Hall room 227 has brochures regarding the Alumni Center events, Sacramento Hall room 203 has brochures regarding the 5k Run 4 Life or call Student Activities at 278-6595.