UMass hockey competes hard, falls to No. 10 Providence College in overtime -

Overtime goal hands UMass hockey its 15th straight loss in regular season finale -

Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

UMass looks to continue success at Holy Cross

The Massachusetts women’s tennis team visits Holy Cross today, the first time that the Minutewomen have visited the Crusaders since the spring of 2008 when they shutout the Crusaders 7-0.

The Crusaders are coming off a 5-2 victory over Hartford this past Tuesday. They won five-of-six singles matches to cruise to the victory. With the win, Holy Cross improved to 1-2 on the season.

UMass sophomore Magdalena Ploch will match up with senior Kristen Meahl at No. 1 singles. Meahl is currently 1-2 on the season, while Ploch stands at 2-1 with her work at the Eastern Collegiate Invitational. Meahl became only the second Holy Cross player to ever earn All-Patriot League honors last season, as she was named to the second team. She is also the team captain for the Crusaders and went 14-12 overall last year.

At No. 2 singles, UMass freshman Julia Comas will square off with sophomore Carolyn Chandley. Chandley holds a 1-2 record, with her lone victory coming last match against Hartford. She went 14-12 last season in singles play, which was tied for the team lead.

The No. 3 singles match will pit UMass junior Kaitlyn Carpenter against sophomore Emily Marr. Marr stands at 2-1 on the season with victories over Siena and Hartford. She went 14-8 last year overall, with her .636 singles winning percentage ranking second on the team.

All three singles competitors for Holy Cross are members of the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.

Several players have combined to play No. 4 and No. 5 singles this year for Holy Cross in their three matches, including senior Ivette Konopka, senior Kathryn Wilkie, sophomore Jen Daffron and senior Hailee Lange. The Crusaders currently have a 2-4 record between the No. 4 and No. 5 singles this season.

Sophomore Gabriella Jannotta and freshman Chantal Swiszcz will be their opponents for UMass.

Fresh off a No. 1 doubles title at the Eastern Collegiate Invitational, junior Candynce Boney and senior Maude Lecluyse will team up to face Meahl and Chandley. Meahl was 10-14 last year in doubles action, while Chandley was 14-12. The Holy Cross duo has gone 0-3 on the season thus far.

UMass will send junior Tanisha Hodgson and freshman Jocelyn Providence out to face the Crusaders’ team of Marr and sophomore Emma Rudnik. Marr went 10-12 last year overall at doubles, while Rudnik was able to muster a 10-15 record. This combination of players currently holds a 1-1 record on the season.

Hodgson and Providence won the consolation bracket at the Eastern Collegiate Invitational on Sunday after falling in a competitive first-round match. 

This upcoming match will be the first time that the Minutewomen have played on the new tennis courts at Holy Cross, which opened for this season. The match is set to begin at 1 p.m.

Ben Lambert can be reached at wblambert@gmail.com.