Community talks education, immigrants’ rights, climate change with state senators -

Q&A: Khalif Nunnally-Rivera, an advocate for access and affordability for underrepresented students -

Plant-Based Nutrition club promotes healthier, sustainable diets on campus -

Rolling tobacco and high profits for iRollie -

UMass softball to kickoff conference schedule on Thursday at Boston University -

UMass baseball coach Mike Stone trying not to dwell on 2017 being his final season -

Fresh off NCAA Championship appearance, UMass diver Emma Roush looks ahead -

Notebook: UMass men’s soccer adds junior college transfer to roster for next season -

Newly appointed UMass defensive line coach Dave Wissman has taken interesting road to Amherst -

Student Union Craft Center serves as an open space of expression for students -

An ode to Amherst’s American Legion -

Letter: The Graduate Employee Organization wants to empower those who are marginalized -

To counter and balance: A place for conversation in the opinion pages -

Activism can change the world -

Active Minds strives to start conversation about mental health, end stigma -

Native American Student Association plans for powwow after travelling to Native Nations Rise March in Washington D.C. -

Black Student Union aims to be a strong voice for the African-American community on UMass’ campus -

UMass Students for Reproductive Justice continue fighting for student rights -

UMass notebook: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry reportedly interviewed for a second time Monday for men’s basketball head coaching vacancy -

UMass softball anxiously awaits start of conference play with doubleheader against BU looming Thursday. -

Sexual assault Tuesday in library

The University of Massachusetts Police Department announced in a Wednesday release that a sexual assault had taken place Tuesday evening in the W.E.B. Dubois Library.

The release, titled Crime Alert- Sexual Assault, issued midday Wednesday and attributed to Chief of Police Johnny Whitehead, stated that the incident had occurred between 10 and 11 p.m. Tuesday, November 3, in the women’s bathroom on the 19 floor of the library.

The release describes the suspect in the assault as a white male between his 20s and early 30s, approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, with what is described as brownish, dirty blonde hair. The suspect is purported to have been wearing a gray sweatshirt and blue jeans, also according to the release.

Anyone with information pertaining to the incident is asked to call the UMPD Detective Bureau at (413)-545-0893 or the TIPS line at (413)-545-TIPS (8477), or contact the bureau via the anonymous witness form at www.umass.edu/umpd/anonymouswitness.

Sam Butterfield can be reached at sbutterfield@dailycollegian.com.

One Response to “Sexual assault Tuesday in library”
  1. Alex says:

“approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, with what is described as brownish, dirty blonde hair. The suspect is purported to have been wearing a gray sweatshirt and blue jeans”

…To state what everyone’s already thinking, this probably describes about half of the male population of UMass and thats just because he’s a tad short. A gray sweatshirt and blue jeans are pretty much our school uniform…