Rashaan Holloway one of the few bright spots in UMass men’s basketball’s loss to Providence -

In a game riddled with mistakes, UMass men’s basketball falls to Providence -

UMass men’s basketball struggles to slow down Rodney Bullock in second half in loss to Providence -

Captain Steve Iacobellis scores, but UMass hockey can’t find its offensive rhythm in 3-1 loss to UConn -

Minutemen can’t get offense going early in 3-1 loss at Connecticut -

Demonstrators issue demands at Board of Trustees meeting as Woolridge announces resignation from post of chairman -

UMass men’s basketball shows improvement in 3-point shooting. -

UMass men’s basketball cruises to a victory over Pacific behind a strong second half -

UMass Divest and proponents of sanctuary campus will not be allowed to speak at Board of Trustees meeting -

Former political prisoner to speak on human rights and prison experience -

UMass men’s basketball using late-game situations as learning opportunities for remainder of season -

UMass men’s basketball kicks off Gotham Classic at home against Pacific -

UMass hockey looks to continue recent improvements against Connecticut -

UMass hockey team confident in game plan despite UConn’s constant change in net -

UMass women’s basketball falls apart in the fourth quarter in 71-55 loss to Hofstra -

It’s been a long year -

A return to the collapse of 2008 -

Mindfulness in, and in spite of, a technological age -

Beer, bets and pool: a High Horse unofficial review -

Don’t let winter stop you from running outside -

Sexual assault Tuesday in library

The University of Massachusetts Police Department announced in a Wednesday release that a sexual assault had taken place Tuesday evening in the W.E.B. Dubois Library.

The release, titled Crime Alert- Sexual Assault, issued midday Wednesday and attributed to Chief of Police Johnny Whitehead, stated that the incident had occurred between 10 and 11 p.m. Tuesday, November 3, in the women’s bathroom on the 19 floor of the library.

The release describes the suspect in the assault as a white male between his 20s and early 30s, approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, with what is described as brownish, dirty blonde hair. The suspect is purported to have been wearing a gray sweatshirt and blue jeans, also according to the release.

Anyone with information pertaining to the incident is asked to call the UMPD Detective Bureau at (413)-545-0893 or the TIPS line at (413)-545-TIPS (8477), or contact the bureau via the anonymous witness form at www.umass.edu/umpd/anonymouswitness.

Sam Butterfield can be reached at sbutterfield@dailycollegian.com.

One Response to “Sexual assault Tuesday in library”
  1. Alex says:

“approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, with what is described as brownish, dirty blonde hair. The suspect is purported to have been wearing a gray sweatshirt and blue jeans”

…To state what everyone’s already thinking, this probably describes about half of the male population of UMass and thats just because he’s a tad short. A gray sweatshirt and blue jeans are pretty much our school uniform…