Sexual assault Tuesday in library

The University of Massachusetts Police Department announced in a Wednesday release that a sexual assault had taken place Tuesday evening in the W.E.B. Dubois Library.

The release, titled Crime Alert- Sexual Assault, issued midday Wednesday and attributed to Chief of Police Johnny Whitehead, stated that the incident had occurred between 10 and 11 p.m. Tuesday, November 3, in the women’s bathroom on the 19 floor of the library.

The release describes the suspect in the assault as a white male between his 20s and early 30s, approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, with what is described as brownish, dirty blonde hair. The suspect is purported to have been wearing a gray sweatshirt and blue jeans, also according to the release.

Anyone with information pertaining to the incident is asked to call the UMPD Detective Bureau at (413)-545-0893 or the TIPS line at (413)-545-TIPS (8477), or contact the bureau via the anonymous witness form at www.umass.edu/umpd/anonymouswitness.

Sam Butterfield can be reached at sbutterfield@dailycollegian.com.

One Response to “Sexual assault Tuesday in library”
  1. Alex says:

“approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, with what is described as brownish, dirty blonde hair. The suspect is purported to have been wearing a gray sweatshirt and blue jeans”

…To state what everyone’s already thinking, this probably describes about half of the male population of UMass and thats just because he’s a tad short. A gray sweatshirt and blue jeans are pretty much our school uniform…