Rashaan Holloway one of the few bright spots in UMass men’s basketball’s loss to Providence -

In a game riddled with mistakes, UMass men’s basketball falls to Providence -

UMass men’s basketball struggles to slow down Rodney Bullock in second half in loss to Providence -

Captain Steve Iacobellis scores, but UMass hockey can’t find its offensive rhythm in 3-1 loss to UConn -

Minutemen can’t get offense going early in 3-1 loss at Connecticut -

Demonstrators issue demands at Board of Trustees meeting as Woolridge announces resignation from post of chairman -

UMass men’s basketball shows improvement in 3-point shooting. -

UMass men’s basketball cruises to a victory over Pacific behind a strong second half -

UMass Divest and proponents of sanctuary campus will not be allowed to speak at Board of Trustees meeting -

Former political prisoner to speak on human rights and prison experience -

UMass men’s basketball using late-game situations as learning opportunities for remainder of season -

UMass men’s basketball kicks off Gotham Classic at home against Pacific -

UMass hockey looks to continue recent improvements against Connecticut -

UMass hockey team confident in game plan despite UConn’s constant change in net -

UMass women’s basketball falls apart in the fourth quarter in 71-55 loss to Hofstra -

It’s been a long year -

A return to the collapse of 2008 -

Mindfulness in, and in spite of, a technological age -

Beer, bets and pool: a High Horse unofficial review -

Don’t let winter stop you from running outside -

East Pleasant St. crash results in OUI arrest

favaro
The Amherst Police Department announced Wednesday that an early morning crash at the intersection of Grantwood Dr. and East Pleasant St. had resulted in the second OUI arrest for a 26-year-old Holyoke woman, among other charges.

Johanna Favaro, of 84 Brown Ave. in Holyoke, was arrested resulting from the crash. An APD release said was the result of Favaro failing to stop her car at the end of Grantwood Dr., traveling across East Pleasant St. and into the house across the road at 846 East Pleasant St. Favaro was transported to Cooley-Dickinson Hospital in Northampton after sustaining minor injuries. The home her car hit sustained structural damage.

In addition to her second OUI offense, Favaro was charged with failure to stop at a stop sign, a marked lanes violation, wanton destruction of property over $250 for careening into the house and reckless operation of a motor vehicle. She was held overnight at the Hampshire County House of Correction in lieu of $500 cash bail and, according to the release, was set to be arraigned Wednesday at Eastern Hampshire District Court. The case remains under investigation.

One Response to “East Pleasant St. crash results in OUI arrest”
  1. Ed says:

“wanton destruction of property over $250 for careening into the house”

Ummm…. Unless I am missing something here — and if there is something here the Collegian ought to have mentioned it — this charge is unfounded. She lost control of a car because she was drunk which is why it is illegal to drive drunk, an offense with which she is charged. The word “wanton”, while archaic, is relevant here — substitute “intentional” — she *intentionally* destroyed her car so as to damage the house????

Yes she is liable for the damages to the house and yes she is a criminal (after conviction) for what she did, but you kinda got to charge people with what they really did and being too drunk to realize that the road ended and keeping on going right into a house is NOT a malicious act. It is, instead, a STUPID act – the damage resulted from her criminal negligence, not wanton malice (unless there is more to this story…).