Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

Construction around campus

ALSO SEE: Do students think construction should continue during the school year?

Any student on campus with eyes and ears knows that there’s a lot of construction on campus right now.  From the new roundabout to the new Laboratory Science building popping up behind the Integrated Sciences building, campus is changing fast.

There are currently 42 active construction sites on campus, including three new buildings, a new Umass police station, marching band building, and lab science building. The $12.5 million police station, currently in construction at the corner of Tillson Rd. and East Pleasant St. is scheduled to be commissioned this December. The marching band building is to open March 2011. As of now there is no date set for the commissioning of the new Lab Science building, though construction is estimated to continue until summer 2012. Other major projects include the Eastman Ln./ North Pleasant St. roundabout, new elevators in the library, and renovation/expansion of the Bowditch greenhouse.

ON THE WEB

News-2-Know is a blog created by B.J. Roche’s Journalism 301 class. Every weekday, an author will write about a topic that is newsworthy and provide links on additional resources. To read the rest of the entries, click here.