Campus to host grad school fair Wednesday

If fears of an impenetrable job market have you down, or if you just really like to study, then following your college education up with a graduate degree might be the route for you. For students who plan to seek a graduate education, the University of Massachusetts will be hosting a graduate and professional school information day this Wednesday, Oct. 27 in the Student Union Ballroom.

The event will bring together representatives from 148 institutions, spanning fields as diverse as dentistry and divinity, according to the day’s website.

Among the schools in attendance will be some you’ve likely heard of and some about which you may not have heard.

Locally, American International College will be recruiting for all graduate majors, Assumption College in Worcester will be recruiting all majors, Babson College will be present, recruiting students for its prestigious schools of management, accounting, pre-MBA, and other business-related fields, Bay Path College in Longmeadow will be tabling, as will Bentley University in Waltham’s notable business programs, and several of both Boston College and Boston University’s graduate schools will be sending representatives to the event.

Brandeis University in Waltham will be sending a delegation from its graduate school of arts and sciences, which encompasses studies from history to microbiology, Bryant University in Rhode Island will be recruiting for all graduate majors, as will Clark University in Worcester, Emerson College in Boston will have information about all graduate majors, as will Emmanuel’s business programs, and Endicott College on the North Shore will be sending representatives from its Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies.

More local schools at the event include Fitchburg State University, Gordon College of
Graduate Education, Harvard’s Graduate School of Education, Lasell College, Lesley
University, the Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions, the
Massachusetts School of Law, Mount Holyoke’s College Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health
program, New England College, New England School of Acupuncture, Northeastern
University’s graduate programs, all of Quinnipiac University in Connecticut’s graduate
programs, Roger Williams University School of Law, Sacred Heart University
Saint Michael’s College in Vermont, Salem State’s graduate programs, Simmons
graduate offerings, Smith’s School for Social Work, all of Springfield College’s
programs, Suffolk’s graduate programs and law school, Tufts School of Medicine, and a
range of the University of Massachusetts’ graduate offerings, both in Amherst and
elsewhere, University of Connecticut’s law school, all majors offered at the University of
Harford, all majors at UMass Dartmouth, the University of New England’s colleges of
Osteopathic Medicine and Graduate and Professional Admissions, University of New
Hampshire’s schools of law and business, University of New Haven, the Vermont Law
School, all majors at Western New England College, some of Westfield State’s offerings,
Wheelock College in Boston, and many of Worcester Polytechnic Institute’s programs.
Among the most prestigious institutions in attendance are Bard College, Bryn Mawr
College, Columbia University’s School of Continuing Education, Cornell University’s
Master of Management in Hospitality program, the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy
Clinical Practice, Harvard’s Graduate School of Education, New York University’s Silver
School of Social Work, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Rochester Institute of
Technology, the US Marine Corps, the US Navy, the University of Pennsylvania School
of Social Policy and Practice, the University of Pittsburgh biomedical graduate programs,
Washington University in St. Louis and Wesleyan University’s graduate liberal arts
program.

The event will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Wednesday.

-Collegian News Staff