UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

Massachusetts Sales Tax Could Be Cut in Half, Depending on Your Vote

On Nov. 2 Massachusetts citizens will vote on whether or not to decrease state sales tax from 6.25 to 3 percent. Needless to say, that is a significant decrease and would have significant outcomes.

According to the state’s official “Information For Voters” document, (available in the “Links” section at the end of the article) proponents of the measure claim that if it passes it will “give back an average of $688 – every year – to each taxpayer” which would be a significant amount of money for many in this economy.

On the other hand, the tax cut would cost the state $2.5 billion, and would raise the deficit to $4.5 billion for the fiscal year of 2012, according to a report by the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation.

On the web:

News-2-Know is a blog created by B.J. Roche’s Journalism 301 class. Every weekday, an author will write about a topic that is newsworthy and provide links on additional resources. To read the rest of the entries, click here.