Vermont teen missing since Irene

A group of investigators looking for a missing 17-year-old boy, from Vermont are recruiting members of the University of Massachusetts community to participate in their search efforts.

Marble Ace Arvidson, a West Brattleboro, Vt. high school senior, went missing just hours before Tropical Storm Irene arrived in the region in late August. He is not considered to be a runaway and was reportedly last seen with an unidentified person, according to a press release issued by Julie Melrose, one of the volunteers helping in the search effort.

This weekend, members of a search party looking for the 17-year-old are hosting a “Hike For A Cause” search effort, which will feature participants scouring the area to try to find any signs of Arvidson. Searchers are requesting that members of the UMass community help participate in the ground search.

The hike and search will begin this Saturday at 9 a.m. at the Chelsea Royale Diner in West Brattleboro, Vt., according to the release. A second search will begin at the same time and same location Sunday.
Those requesting more information have been asked to contact organizers at 802-257-9111 or to email [email protected].