UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

Quiet beauty roars in ‘Lion’ -

No. 1 Eagles soar past Minutemen, 4-2

Bill Arnold scored two goals to propel No. 1 Boston College to victory Friday night, defeating the Massachusetts hockey team, 4-2, in Chestnut Hill.

The Eagles (4-1-0, 2-0-0 Hockey East) own the series against UMass (1-2-1, 0-2-1 HEA), winning 50-of-63 games played all-time between the two.

“We have to solve some little issues,” said Minutemen coach Don Cahoon. “We can’t continue to put ourselves in a position to beat ourselves. That will be the work and direction of this week [in practice].”

UMass will return to play Friday as it hosts No. 7 Boston University at the Mullins Center in the first game of a home-and-away series.

Arnold gave BC the early lead just 78 seconds into the game, netting the first of his two goals on the night to give the Eagles a 1-0 advantage. Arnold has emerged as the central offensive threat for BC, recording a team-high of nine points in the Eagle’s first five games.

The Minutemen countered at the 8:23 mark when freshman Andrew Tegeler scored his first collegiate goal to tie the game at 1-1. The Hopkinton native posted 44 points while playing for the Junior Bruins last year before attending UMass.

“I was really happy for Andrew,” said Cahoon. “He was in the right place at the right time with the good rebound goal … I thought he handled the intensity of the game and the challenge.”

BC regained the lead with just over three minutes left in the first when Chris Kreider scored a power play goal, giving the Eagles a 2-1 lead going into the first intermission.

Despite committing four penalties in the second period, the Minutemen would hang tough, allowing only one goal on 14 shots. Sophomore Jeff Teglia, who took over in net midway through last Saturday’s game against Providence, received the start, saving 31 shots.

“I thought he was pretty solid all night,” said Cahoon of Teglia’s performance. “He gave us a chance to be in the game.”

The deciding factors in the contest were the penalties, consequently resulting in long shifts and a lack of offensive opportunities.

“We spent a lot of time killing penalties,” said Cahoon, who watched his team commit 10 penalties in the game, including a 10-minute misconduct call on senior T.J. Syner in the final period.

Johnny Gaudreau increased BC’s lead in the third period to 4-1 when he scored an unassisted power play goal. Senior Michael Marcou pulled UMass within two at 4-2, when he netted his first goal of the season with just under three minutes left in the game.

Although Teglia was pulled with 35 seconds left, the Minutemen were unable to create any chances and the Eagles grabbed the first of three season-series games between both teams.

BC held the shot advantage in the game at 35-to-20 over UMass. The Minutemen were unable to create opportunities on the power play, going 0-for-7 on conversions.

Scott Cournoyer can be reached at scournoy@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @MDC_Cournoyer.