Majors fair tonight

The annual Majors fair will be held tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom. Sponsored by Pre-Major Advising

Services, Commonwealth College and Career Services, the event is designed for students who have yet to declare a major or are unsure about remaining in a current major.

The Majors fair is an opportunity for students to receive information in a friendly and accessible setting. About 80 departments and programs will have representatives available for discussion and answering questions. Minor departments will be present as well as certificate programs, including the Asian and Asian American studies program, the New Information Technology Program and the Native American Studies Program.

The Army ROTC and Air Force ROTC will also be represented.

Representatives from support programs, such as the Native American Student Support Services (NASSS) and the Residential Academic Program (RAP) will also be present.

During the two-hour event, representatives will be discussing major requirements, benefits and possible career paths. Professors and chief undergraduate advisors will also be answering questions.

Organizers expect the fair to receive a large amount of student attention.

“It’s a popular event, there’s always a lot of energy,” said Peter Woodsum, an organizer from the Commonwealth College. “It’s a good

event to make contact and to speak face to face with representatives.”

The event also serves a purpose for advisors. “As advisors we often don’t get the opportunity to meet with departments,” said Azanda Seymor, an organizer from Pre-Major Advising Services. “It’s a good place for advisors to network.”