Biker Boyz’ soundtrack contains gold beneath trash

“Biker Boyz” may not fail at the box office, but it surely will not contend for any film accolades. The one thing it will do is make people yearn for Laurence Fishburne to trade in his motorcycle helmet for the cape he wears in the upcoming “Matrix” sequel. Critics may not like the movie but it may make up for its debits by its original soundtrack.

Even though some songs can be mistaken for the trash that is piling up in your dorm room, there are a couple hidden gems. Redman begins the show doing his grunting and formal introduction as “docta” letting us know that “kids love me / like Old Navy dungarees.”

After a minute of rhyming party one-liners that do not take any intellectual capabilities to decipher, newcomer E3 begins to sing elegantly, “I’m going to ride, ride, ride, until I can’t go no more.” Once E3’s and Redman’s “Ride” is over, the second track features rockers P.O.D. Their song “Boom” (the Crystal Method remix) is not very good at all, but I was not on crystal meth, which I’ve heard adds to the song.

If you are in your car, or listening to the CD on your stereo, this is when you press the skip track button. Metallica, Ja Rule and Swizz Beatz on one song is a recipe for atrocity. They managed to ruin two genres of music, but luckily the songs’ attempt to cross cultures is redeemed by N.E.R.D. and Papa Roach. In this song they do everything that Metallica, Beatz, and Ja Rule were nowhere close to accomplishing. The song contains a dominating drumbeat, grand electrical guitar riffs, and a unique balance of Pharell and Jacobey singing.

All the songs leading up to the seventh track have been very loud, and obnoxious; some effective, some awful. The song “Kalifornia” is beautifully hummed and sung by Mos Def. He leaves a lasting impression on any of those who choose to listen. It softly emulates lyrics from Dr. Dre and 2pac’s hit “California Love,” and ingeniously soothes the soul. Fresh off his verse supporting J. Lo’s modesty, Jadakiss collaborates with living legend Ron Isley to produce “Big Business.” The mixing of legendary R’B with a former Lox member is bound to excite those who appreciate the two genres. Rounding off the album are two songs that will give these artists some well-deserved recognition. The first is Non Phixon’s “Say Goodbye to Yesterday,” followed by David Ryan Harris’ melodic “Don’t Look Down.”