Bad horror movie found in staff production studio

In the aftermath of the disasters of teen horror movies, “I Know What You Did Last Winter Break” is a gem among movies. Just kidding. But how did I get to see this movie when it doesn’t come out for another five months, you ask? Well, yours truly snuck into The Collegian Productions Studio to get a sneak peek of the anticipated summer movie.

The movie starts out on a blustery winter evening, where five innocent college students pile into a car and proceed to ding the car behind them. They quickly speed away from the empty car. A simple hit and run fender bender, no big deal, right? Sure. The five students, Kojak, Missy, McGuire, Sydney and Jess, joke about Kojak’s bad driving and leave it at that – though Sydney laments about how it sucked when her car was dinged in a hit and run fender bender.

Intro credits roll, and we see Jess and Kojak and another guy, Will, boarding an airplane. Apparently they are going to Florida for spring break. They arrive at the hotel, and we are slowly introduced to the cast of victims. All five kids from the first scene are present, along with five others. Malothe, Polokowski (Missy’s boyfriend), Biz, Will and Bok. No one suspects anything deadly is going to happen.

Lets examine the characters, shall we? Polokowski and Missy are the “couple.” Kojak is the goofy friend, the kid who always dies. Malothe is the typical “guy.” McGuire is the typical blond, and Will is the typical sarcastic dude. Totally typical. Bok is the quiet observer who tries to keep the peace, and Biz is the out-going charmer of the group. Jess is the innocent girl, and Sydney is our heroine. She seems to play a background role at first, but her character develops throughout the movie into the true main character.

So here are a bunch of kids at a nice, Disney resort. The first day of their trip is uneventful, but the night provides our first casualty. McGuire and Malothe leave the others to go to Pleasure Island. Sydney gets pissed because she got ditched and goes to hang out with everyone else, elsewhere. Heavy drinking ensues, and McGuire and Malothe are split up. McGuire is dancing up a storm, when all of a sudden she sees blood on her shirt. Before she knows it, she is being stabbed again and again from all sides. No one notices because they think she’s dancing. She screams and flails and falls to the ground, but no one notices a problem until later. Just a bad dancer who passed out to them…

Cut to a subdued hotel room. Nine upset faces. Some of the guys discuss what to do. The group decides to head off to the Magic Kingdom, despite the tragedy. Malothe, who wants to go swimming, sulks off to the pool. Sydney, feeling extra guilty about leaving McGuire, goes after him, but after a brief conversation decides to go with the others. At the Magic Kingdom, the group splits. Jess and Will go off to Fantasyland. The others deem it too “kiddie” – “kiddie?” – they’re in Disney World! Cut to Jess and Will leaving Fantasyland and getting in line for the Haunted Mansion. Jess has just left a cell phone message for the others to meet them at MGM later. Inside the ride, the two laugh it up. As they reach the end of the ride, they encounter the Bride locked in the attic. Suddenly, as if real, she lunges out, cutting both their throats.

Back to the other six, on a bus back to the hotel, unaware of the fate that has befallen their two friends. Sydney speculates where Malothe has gone, while Kojak, Bok and Biz joke around. They get back to the hotel, a group of guests and police has gathered around the pool. There is blood in the pool, a suggested alligator attack. The body is gone. The dejected friends suspect Malothe is dead. Polokowski is especially upset, because they had argued earlier. So they return to the room and receive the message from Jess. Kojak suggests they go meet them. Missy and Polokowski offer to stay at the hotel in case anyone returns. The others head to MGM, leaving the couple to make out. Polokowski suggests the jacuzzi in the master bedroom might relax them. Polokowski sets up a radio in on the windowsill. In the throws of a kiss, neither notices a shadow appear, as the radio is pushed into the tub. Didn’t they ever watch “Scream?” You never get it on, that means you die. And who puts a radio next to the tub anyway?

Cut to MGM. The only people left alive are Sydney, Bok, Biz and Kojak, but they don’t know that. Following Jess’ message, they head over to the Tower of Terror. Sydney opts to wait outside while the others go on the ride – she doesn’t like drops. Biz and Kojak and Bok walk up to the ride. Suddenly, it is announced that the ride is closed. They try to exit and get lost.

Sydney sees that everyone is exiting the park except her friends. She gets suspicious, and despite her fear of the Tower of Terror, enters the fake hotel. Meanwhile, the guys are trying to catch up to an employee, or so they think. Sydney hears them and begins to follow as well. She sees the three of them enter a giant room, and realizes what is happening. The “employee” flicks a switch, just as Kojak and Biz run toward Sydney, as she screams. The elevator above falls, crushing Bok. The “employee” cackles, and is revealed to be Malothe. He screams about Kojak hitting his car months ago.

As Malothe advances, the three survivors run, heading out of the ride. In the rain, they get confused, and accidentally run toward the Aerosmith ride. In this dead end, they hear Malothe taunting them about their dead friends. They run into the ride – silly victims. As Kojak stumbles onto the track of the coaster, Biz jumps down to help him. Malothe screams about dented cars, and an Aerosmith car comes racing down the track. Biz jumps off barely in time and is clipped by the car. As Kojak is mowed down, Biz lands in an unconscious heap.

Sydney is terrified, she can’t go on the ride, but there is nowhere else to go. Malothe talks about her being a kindred spirit, as she too has been victim to a hit and run fender bender. Sydney screams about her dead friends. Malothe shrugs and states that he will have to kill her too. She jumps into the next cart and straps in. Malothe jumps on and begins to move up the cart. But in his crazed state he is not strapped in, and on the first loop, goes flying off into the darkness. Sydney makes it through the coaster and hops out as police arrive. Biz is still alive, but his ankle is mangled. Malothe’s body is found, and carted out. Sydney and Biz weep for their friends. Thus ends this gem of a movie.

This movie sucked. All in all, I give it a D.