Graduate school information session to be held today

Today the Career Services Office at the University of Massachusetts will give students the opportunity to explore future options in education during the Annual Graduate and Professional Schools Information Day. The event will be held in the Student Union Ballroom from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Over 160 graduate, medical, dental, law and other professional schools will be represented, along with other schools of international relations, education, social work, theology and library science. A range of other post-baccalaureate options from the U.S. and abroad will also be represented.

A number of graduate schools from Massachusetts will be represented at the event including Emerson College, Boston College, Northeastern University, Boston University and Tufts University. Representatives from the Harvard schools of education, public health and government will also be present. Representatives from universities across the U.S. including Colombia University, Georgetown University, Stanford University, Rutgers University and the University of Southern California will be in attendance.

A number of environmental programs will be represented such as the Center for Environmental Policy at Bard College, the Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences at Duke University and the Graduate Program in Environmental Studies at The Evergreen State College.

Information about the various financial aid, entrance requirements, housing and other arrangements for each program will also be available. In addition, representatives from Kaplan Services and the Princeton Review will be present to answer questions about graduate program entrance exams.

Students from all five colleges are encouraged to attend the event. Dress is casual.

For a list of participating institutions visit the Career Services web page at www-ccn.acad.umass.edu.