London reportedly considering transfer from UMass football program

According to three sources within the Massachusetts football program, sophomore wide receiver Brandon London is heavily considering leaving UMass to pursue an opportunity with a Division I team.

A big target at 6-foot-4 200lbs who came on strong for coach Don Brown’s team this season, London is said to be considering the transfer “to put himself in the best position to make the [National Football League] some day,” according to the same sources, two of which were members of UMass’ 2003 team.

London played in all 11 games for Don Brown’s team this season – his first as a significant contributor at the college level – and was second on the team with 34 catches for 439 yards, while also posting three touchdowns and averaging 12.9 yards per reception.

A native of Charlottesville, Virginia who played one year at Fork Union (Va.) Military Academy, London’s high school career included stops at both Albemarle High School in Charlottesville and Framingham High School in Eastern Massachusetts.

London’s father, Mike, earned four varsity letters in football at the University of Richmond from 1979-82, and now serves as the defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator at the University of Virginia.